Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

best mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Silver Member

best mag

I've got a subscription to a mag that I'm not going to renew so my budget has room for a new sub. What do you guys recommend for long range hunting/ precision shooting? Not really looking for competition but more for hunting.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Platinum Member

Re: best mag

Well, if you run out of toilet paper, Guns and Ammo works pretty well!

If you want something cool to read while sitting on the can, read Shooting times.

But if you want something to read that has it all, join the Varmint Hunters Association. You will get 4 great, thick, well illustrated issues written by newcomers and pros alike--all non-compensated so you get REAL opinions, not paid-off ones! You'll love it!
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Gold Member

Re: best mag

No one mag dominates the market as far as hunting (assuming US). I like the Wolfe publications like "Successful Hunter". "Eastman's Hunting Journal" has great info as per areas to hunt, etc. "Hunting" is more general info. All have their good & bad points. Best to get a copy off the newsstand and see how you like.