Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Bell & Carlson stocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2005, 08:30 AM
Silver Member

Bell & Carlson stocks

Did a search and didn't find any thing, But I know it has been mentioned here in the past.

Has anyone had an experience with the Bell and Carlson replacement stocks? I think Cabelas carries them.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Gold Member

Re: Bell & Carlson stocks

As does Midway.Havent tried one,was thinking about one in camo for my Swift classic.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Platinum Member

Cowboy, I recently purchased a Bell and Carlson Duramax stock for a savage 110. Much better than a factory savage plastic, it was not a true drop in replacement. I had to do some considerable dremmel work to get the action to rest on the two pillars and nothing else. I then skim bedded the action. Over-all I'm pleased with the stock. It is much more rigid and stiffer than original. Offers a widder forend also. Was it worth a $100? Yes. Have not tried any other of their products thou.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Silver Member

I read some of the reviews on these stocks on midways site and by doing a search on the web. I decided against it and ordered a richards laminated stock for use on the 243 AI that kirby (fiftydriver) is doing for me.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Bronze Member

I put one of their medalist stocks on a howa. Nice stock, similar in construction to the hs precision on my 700 P, but nicer looking, and with a pachymar pad. Now if only I could get the rifle to shoot.