Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Being married to a teacher.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2006, 09:53 PM
Silver Member

Being married to a teacher.....

Anyone else married to a teacher? I am SO glad school is out for the summer. Mama is a bear to live with the last two weeks of school. She teaches kinder-kiddies and I guess they get pretty wound up when summer break is approaching. I think yesterday is the first time she smiled at me in a month [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Is my wife the only one who gets grouchy this time of the year? C'mon, be honest----I promise we won't tell her [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Gold Member

Re: Being married to a teacher.....

My girlfriend is studying to be a history teacher. When we get married, I expect I will be in the same boat as you! I come from a long line of educators, so I guess I stuck with what I was familiar with. Go figure, but I do feel your pain!?! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2006, 08:22 AM

I'm on the same ride. She teaches grade 1. Always looking ahead to christmas, spring break, and summer break. I don't think most people know how many hours teachers put in to do their job.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Silver Member

Your lucky!!! Only 2 weeks? Hell mine is a bear to live with 365 day's a year, and she is not even a school teacher. So the way I see it u got it made!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 06:31 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Your lucky!!! Only 2 weeks? Hell mine is a bear to live with 365 day's a year, and she is not even a school teacher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that neccesarily makes me lucky......it just makes me a better judge of horseflesh than you [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2006, 10:22 PM
Bronze Member

Dog Caller, I been married to a real peach of a school teacher for over 3 decades now! Yep, know all about those last 3 weeks before school is officialy out for the summer.

The best thing a guy in your shoes can possibly do, is to take her on at least a 4 day getta-away where there are NO KIDDIES savvy. Also where they have one of those Beauty Parlors for women too. Then lay on the Romantics and treat her like a Queen....get my drift.

The summer always turned out better for the both of us that way. Just my 2 cents worth of advice Ok! It never gets easier on her either as the years march forward, so YOU have to remind her now and then you care a bunch [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2006, 07:32 AM
Sponsor

Sound advise even if you wife is not a teacher.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659