Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

View Poll Results: Going to close your Bank of America account if you have one??
Absolutely, Immediately 21 77.78%
Yes when I have a the opportunity 6 22.22%
Why ??? Because we are all in this together 0 0%
NO- your not in the Pro-Gun group mindset then 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Bank of America is Anti Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 02:06 PM

Bank of America is Anti Gun

Reprinted with permission as an FYI

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Marlet Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them.... He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business.”
“That is correct” he says.
I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”
“You have to do what you must” he said.
“So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”
Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.
I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bare arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.
Kelly D. McMillan
Director of Operations

Last edited by AZ Kodiak; 04-20-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Silver Member

Re: Bank of America is Anti Gun

I couldn't stand BofA anyway. Just found My excuse. Thank you Mr, McMillan.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member

I really can't participate in your poll because I divoriced Bang of America a while ago because they participated in the Bush-Obama bailout money scenario.

I paid off my mortgage and HEQ loan in full and continued on.

My attitude was (prior to reading this thread) that Bang of America can KMA (as well as all the other banks that took my tax dollars without asking me) and I'll include automobile makers in that as well....

I have one credit card and only one. A Cabelas card. I don't need frequent flyer miles nor do I want overpriced cheap imported gifts that other cards offer as redemption points.

I want the stuff at Cabelas.

...and I drive a Ford too.

Got my noodle working about this scenario. I think back to Eric Holder and his outright campaign to 'educate the young people of American that guns are like cigaretts'.... a bad habit,

Maybe Holder has his fingers in all of this with Obama's blessing, of course.

Last edited by SidecarFlip; 04-20-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: additional comment.....
Old 04-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Gold Member

Citicorp Refuses to Process Firearms Transactions Daily Bulletin

Citi aint no better!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Bronze Member

I wonder if anyone in BoA's senior management has a triple digit I.Q. Check this out: Foreclosure Frenzy: Bank Of America Sues Bank Of America - Forbes
Old 04-21-2012, 08:51 AM
PUBLISHER

Just closed it.

When we called just now, minutes after the Fox News story on the issue, the recording said:

"Please hold, we are experiencing longer than normal delays "

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 04-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Bronze Member

I was looking for a reason to get rid of that card. This is a good one.