Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Bad Customer Service from XXXX, but Kudos to MasterCard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 04:32 PM
PUBLISHER

re: Bad Customer Service from XXXX, but Kudos to MasterCard

And for the record...LRH has a policy of not airing disputes with vendors here on the site...whether the vendor is a Sponsor or not. These topics can not fairly be resolved in a public forum.

Rule #8 here:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/faq/
8 There will be no threads started for the purpose of airing your problems with suppliers or manufacturers. (Complaint Threads) Handle those issues privately.

We had a nasty one last year involving a vendor (not a Sponsor at the time) and I established that rule at that time.

A topic where there is a general discussion where someone asks: "How is JK Smith Company to work with?" is ok.

But not a new thread expressly to complain or give notice about a problem.

Again, this is how I feel regardless of whether the vendor is a Sponsor.

On other forums where I see this I just cringe to think how hard it is to be fair and objective...and so often the vendor has no knowledge of the issue. And the readers never know how accurately the writer is in his story.

I have seen examples where 3 or 4 pages into the discussion the complainer backs down and apologizes when the facts come out. But by then a gazillion people have read only the first 2 negative pages -- without the final resolution exonerating the vendor.

And this has nothing to do specifically with Barm. I AM NOT TARGETING BARM.

I will be deleting this thread in a day or so when anyone previously involved in the thread has had a chance to see my comments here. Since it violates the rules it has no place remaining as a thread.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors

Last edited by Len Backus; 02-14-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Bad Customer Service from XXXX, but Kudos to MasterCard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
And for the record...LRH has a policy of not airing disputes with vendors here on the site...whether the vendor is a Sponsor or not. These topics can not fairly be resolved in a public forum.

Rule #8 here:
LongRangeHunting.com Online Magazine and Forums - FAQ
8 There will be no threads started for the purpose of airing your problems with suppliers or manufacturers. (Complaint Threads) Handle those issues privately.

We had a nasty one last year involving a vendor (not a Sponsor at the time) and I established that rule at that time.

A topic where there is a general discussion where someone asks: "How is JK Smith Company to work with?" is ok.

But not a new thread expressly to complain or give notice about a problem.

Again, this is how I feel regardless of whether the vendor is a Sponsor.

On other forums where I see this I just cringe to think how hard it is to be fair and objective...and so often the vendor has no knowledge of the issue. And the readers never know how accurately the writer is in his story.

I have seen examples where 3 or 4 pages into the discussion the complainer backs down and apologizes when the facts come out. But by then a gazillion people have read only the first 2 negative pages -- without the final resolution exonerating the vendor.

And this has nothing to do specifically with Barm. I AM NOT TARGETING BARM.

I will be deleting this thread in a day or so when anyone previously involved in the thread has had a chance to see my comments here. Since it violates the rules it has no place remaining as a thread.
Len very well said..

DM