Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Bad Customer Service from XXXX, but Kudos to MasterCard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Bronze Member

Bad Customer Service from XXXX, but Kudos to MasterCard

I placed an order for powder last month with xxxx and they sent the wrong powder. They were not apologetic nor did they offer any remedy to the situation. They recommended I try and sell the powder to someone locally. Luckily I payed with my credit card and I disputed the charge. Thank you, Mastercard, they got my money back.

Quote:
Publisher's Note
And for the record...LRH has a policy of not airing disputes with vendors here on the site...whether the vendor is a Sponsor or not. These topics can not fairly be resolved in a public forum.

Rule #8 here:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/faq/
8 There will be no threads started for the purpose of airing your problems with suppliers or manufacturers. (Complaint Threads) Handle those issues privately.

We had a nasty one last year involving a vendor (not a Sponsor at the time) and I established that rule at that time.

A topic where there is a general discussion where someone asks: "How is JK Smith Company to work with?" is ok.

But not a new thread expressly to complain or give notice about a problem.

Again, this is how I feel regardless of whether the vendor is a Sponsor.

On other forums where I see this I just cringe to think how hard it is to be fair and objective...and so often the vendor has no knowledge of the issue. And the readers never know how accurately the writer is in his story.

I have seen examples where 3 or 4 pages into the discussion the complainer backs down and apologizes when the facts come out. But by then a gazillion people have read only the first 2 negative pages -- without the final resolution exonerating the vendor.

And this has nothing to do specifically with Barm. I AM NOT TARGETING BARM.

I will be deleting this thread in a day or so when anyone previously involved in the thread has had a chance to see my comments here. Since it violates the rules it has no place remaining as a thread.

Last edited by Len Backus; 02-14-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Bronze Member

re: Bad Customer Service from XXXX, but Kudos to MasterCard

I've heard a lot of people using xxx. Guess they do not want to be in business that much longer, if that is the response they gave.

Last edited by Len Backus; 02-14-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:41 PM
SPONSOR

How much powder did you purchase and what did you end up doing with it?

www.mcrifles.com
Old 01-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Platinum Member

Barm, just so you know, you have what is called a preliminary credit from your bank. This deal is not done. The merchant has 45 days to respond to your dispute and they likely will once they find their account has been debited for the amount and they will also get a letter from their bank, and maybe yours.

You should have to sign bank forms which will arrive in the mail asking you to confirm why you dispute the charge.

If by chance xxx has a company policy that it cannot take back powder that has been sold, whether opened or not, they will likely use that, despite the fact it is their error in sending you the wrong powder.

What SHOULD be done is they send you exactly what you paid for at their expense if they cannot take the powder they sent you back. If they can take it back, they should pay shipping/hazmat.

They will be getting an email from me about this mode of business since I was about to place an order with them.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:57 PM
Bronze Member

I ordered 2 pounds on N130 and 1 pound of N120. I got 2 pounds of N130 and 1 pound of N135. Unfortunately I could not return the powder because it is a hazardous material and I do not have a Haz Mat contract with a shipping company. None of the gun shops in my area ship powder so I could not send it back.

Derek,
I filled out the dispute form in December along with sending the itemized order form and pictures of what I received. I was told on the 15th my account had been credited for the $23.95 which was the cost of the incorrect powder.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barm View Post
I ordered 2 pounds on N130 and 1 pound of N120. I got 2 pounds of N130 and 1 pound of N135. Unfortunately I could not return the powder because it is a hazardous material and I do not have a Haz Mat contract with a shipping company. None of the gun shops in my area ship powder so I could not send it back.

Derek,
I filled out the dispute form in December along with sending the itemized order form and pictures of what I received. I was told on the 15th my account had been credited for the $23.95 which was the cost of the incorrect powder.
Sounds like things are right on track. But the merchant,xxx still has 45 days from the day they receive notice of the dispute (not when you started it) to respond. Watch your statements carefully. That charge may get reinstated on your account, and only afterwards will you get a letter of explanation from your bank.

What you really need to do is call your CC company and ask for a new CC number for that same account. You will get a new card with a new number but all of the balances, etc., remain unchanged. It is the same account but different CC #.

I've seen merchants rebill disputed charges several months after the buyer thought it all went away. They have your CC # on file. If you get a new number, they cannot run the charge again. If they do re-run the charge many moons from now, you have to start the dispute all over again.

Contact UPS and ask them if they cannot "return to sender" this package as it is the wrong product.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Bronze Member

Derek,

I took you advice and changed my credit card number for the account. I asked xxxx to request a "return to sender", but they told me Fedex would not do it because it was a hazardous material.

Last edited by Len Backus; 02-14-2010 at 09:24 AM.