Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Bad Alaska outfitter--beware!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Silver Member

Re: Bad Alaska outfitter--beware!!!

I have seen this happen in Montana. One operation run by and "experienced" outfitter, which had just been purchased and the outfitter had absolutely no idea how to find elk or even what to do with them when they were on the ground, though that wasn't a problem as he couldn't ever find one to shoot. The guides: no real hunting experience and had never even shot elk themselves. If you're going on a guided hunt ask for several references and call them on the phone and ask the right questions. Just because they have a good web page doesn't mean they have ever satisfied a customer!
Old 09-08-2005, 04:50 AM
Bronze Member

I think I would have went "Outfitter" hunting immediately..seriously.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Silver Member

GG,
Here's another angle...Did this 19 year old "guide" consume any of the beer? You might be able to have this jerk arrested for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, as the legal drinking age here is 21. This jackass ought to be punished one way or another.
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]Festus
Old 09-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Platinum Member

Hey now, there's an idea!
I don't know if he did or not but I will ask my friend. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.