Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Article against LR Hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2003, 03:20 PM
Silver Member

Article against LR Hunting

http://www.riflemagazine.com/magazin...=1153&magid=82

It just never stops, does it?

[ 11-23-2003: Message edited by: Skinny Shooter ]
Old 11-23-2003, 07:40 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Article against LR Hunting

sounds like he has envy lol

Those that cant do bitch and moan
Old 11-23-2003, 10:21 PM
Silver Member

It's intersting how the author sounds low-key & reasonable...until the next to last paragraph: "Tell them that you think...."

Funny, I figured I'd make up MY OWN MIND about what I think! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2003, 10:22 PM
Silver Member

3 shots in a 6" ring at 100 yards off a bench? Now that proves who's ignorant. If I owned a 22lr that wouldn't do that, I'd throw it out in the pond, much less a centerfire rifle.

It's like the exaggeration you hear on the 6:00 news for sensationalizim.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:59 AM
Platinum Member

Next he'll be recommending they don't publish group sizes in the magazines because someone would deduce they could shoot 4" groups at 400 yards because their rifle shoots 1" at 100 yards.... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
oh, but that would just be a big "hail mary" [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

These guys are a fighting a loosing battle, that's just one of 'em cryin about it again.

My guess is, some LR hunter pissed on his corn flakes by shooting his big bull from the far ridge while he was headed down through the brush, determined to get that ethical 100 yard shot. When low and behold... Boooom! Just as he's cussin his way through the brush, he looks up and stops. Whaap! He hears the bullet hit "his" bull. Who was the better hunter then? Well, way back when, it was the male that came back with the meat, and it's still that way too.

Most any preditor is cunning, stealthy, adaptable, and driven. Man is no different. Many preditors will wound prey, just to watch them wounded... before they ever kill them. Man is different, "most" all man I should say. Man is still driven to bring home the animal, he naturally doesn't risk that part with low odds shooting, hunting location, or method of getting close enough, or even following the kill too soon, and much more.

Man sometimes falls into one trap if he is desperate, and his nature may lead him instead of his brain, and that is he will do most anything he can if he knows his chances are dwindling fast, possible taking a shot that's not right, or too far that he might regret as soon as he does.

The drive to survive is in us all when it comes down to the wire, how we react may well determine how we are judged. Todays standards are just higher and higher, and increasing ones knowledge, ability and skill is still the logical solution. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2003, 06:42 AM
*WyoWhisper*

Y A W N .....

Just what I needed to help me take a nap...
Old 12-17-2003, 06:26 AM
Silver Member

not being in to it is one thing, but if i shoot deer in archery at 10 yards, then decide to dump one in rifle at 500, dont tell me that because i do LR i'm not ethical, or cant hunt. flintlock starts next week. if i'm such a ****** hunter, i wouldnt even get in to that stuff, and we'll see what the total count is at the end of that one.

its the classic- "i dont support it, so its wrong" theory. to each their own. they cant stop us, and we just keep proving them wrong. its like arguing with a democrat- common sense doesnt get thru.

-brian