Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

AR Forum Seized!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Silver Member

Re: AR Forum Seized!

[ QUOTE ]
I quit visiting the AR forum a while back because they always flame LR shooters and call us immoral. It's changed quite a bit since I first started there, and I finally got fed up when I was the focus of their comments. However, I just tried to go in to show a friend some of their cool video clips on rifle recoil and look what came up:

AR Web Site

Sounds like the Dept of Homeland Security is all over them. I'm curious as to why. Don't want to fall into a trap here. Too many good things going on with this site.

[/ QUOTE ] BUMMER MAN! Shame it wasn't true. I was beginning to think their might be Justus in the world after all. Awww rats, had it only been true!!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2005, 01:23 PM
daveosok

Re: AR Forum Seized!

April fools or not, its a very scary future situation.
With the recent killings and screaming by the anit-gun crowd it is not intirely possible for this to happen to any site.
Under the guise of the homeland security and labeling anything terroristic in nature could at one point in time become a double edged sword.
I will agree that monitoring of certain sites should be done and sniper paradise and snipers hide should be on this list. The questions asked by strictly civilian shooters need not be answered by professional members, I.E. such as "what can you expect from Hornady tap ammo when shooting through glass?". This is a need to know question and if your a LE or any other person who has this knowledge you should know that this info, in the hands of persons of unsure actions, should not be addressed on a public forum where everyone can read it.
This does infringe upon our rights though and is a fine line as to when the government should get involved. I am glad that this was an April fools joke, but big brother is watching, youd be a fool not to believe that in this day and time.