Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

An appeal and reward for return of 30-378 Weatherby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Gold Member

An appeal and reward for return of 30-378 Weatherby

Unbelievable bad luck upon return from Elk hunting. I live north of Sparks/Reno Nevada (same place the gun was lost)

We got back late tuesday the 11th of October. So we had a trailor with all of our hunting gear in a box and our two four wheelers. The guy took it all home with him and he was going to take his stuff out and then bring our stuff and the four wheelers back to town Wed morning. Well he pulled the 30-378 with brand new Swavorski scope and bipod in a double gun hard case and put it on one of the four wheelers to unpack.

He lives out north of town out in the hills on a gravel road. He said a couple of trucks passed him by on the way into the highway. He realized that he had left the gun on the four wheeler and saw that it had fallen off so he turned around and couldn't find it.

An add in the local paper hasn't turned up anything. I think that my name and address was on the case handle.

I had just bought all the reloading stuff and 100 cases to develop the loads for this hunt. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

It's kind of depressing, but it was a gold mine for the guy that found this gun and $1000 scope. Anybody hear of a gun like this being found. I've got a some reward money. The guy that lost it offered to pay me back, but he doesn't have that kind of money with a wife and kids.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Gold Member

Re: An appeal and reward for return of 30-378 Weatherby

I was sighting some rifles in at my old shooting range when I got a call and had to leave. Lucky for me an old high school friend was shooting out there too. I left 2 of my rifles in the cooling rack at the range. He called my folks house, and they reminded me that my load was a little light when I got to the house.

Granted my rifles were not worth as much as yours in terms of money, but they were priceless in terms of sentiment. At least I thought they were, but I sure left them. I know the feeling in your gut when you realize you may never see your firearm again, but I had a friend looking out for me that day. Maybe an honest person will get a conscious and call you knowing its the right thing to do. Even if they could get $1500 cash at the local pawn shop in a second!
Old 10-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Platinum Member

budlight,
Very sorry to hear that. Being my self from Nevada, if in anyway I can help, please let me know. 775-219-9507.
I just don't know what else to say, but I did say a prayer.
Good Luck!
Javier O Moncada.

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 10-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Gold Member

My buddy that lost the gun came across an add in the paper. He only had $200 on him so I'm going over to give them a total of $500 pluss the cost of their add.

I'm just dumb founded. It was just found a couple of days ago. It had bounced out in the sage brush next to the road and if you weren't riding a horse you never would have seen the big black case. Another unbelievable thing is the case only had some small dings and this has been a dry fal without any moister in the last 9 days. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Platinum Member

Prayers do work! God is real!!!
I'm very glad you found it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!