Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Anyone up to a challenge?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Silver Member

Re: Anyone up to a challenge?

AMEN to IAN M.....
Old 02-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Silver Member

I'm with ya!
Old 02-13-2005, 05:03 AM
Gold Member

Well, AR is not the great site it used to be. The quality of the people of there have diminished, IMO.

Everything that's said or done is challenged or the person is attacked in a feeding frenzy.

I don't frequent there much anymore...sakofan...FWIW [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Platinum Member

OH OH OH , does an AR-10 count???? it's an AR !!!

God I wish I had vacation time , I have an AR-10 300 RSUM that will group 175gr match Kings at 3/4" MOA at 600yds that has to be close at the 800yd range , Its a true consistant 1/2" rig at 100yds and will shot at the 3/4" mark at 200yds
Old 02-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Platinum Member

Dakor,
If you will, tell the challenger this:

It would be much more feasible (and probably cheaper) for him to come to the shooter, rather than the shooter go to him. If the challenger comes, then all he has to bring is himself. If he comes here, I can supply the gong and the range, so he would not have to pack anything on the plane.
If the shooter goes there, he must bring his gun, rangefinder (to make sure it's a true 800 yards), ammo, reloading equipment (so he could load up ammo according to the conditions at the range), bipod, and drop charts or PDA.

As Dave King said, they would probably tweek the odds in their favor if it was held at the challengers home field. So I think it would be better to have the shoot at a more nuetral spot. I have great experience shooting in the Rocky Mountains, but I have never shot a gun at less than 3500 feet. I am almost positive that I would have to spend at least two days to re-adjust my load and gun-and even then, there might be a few unexpected surprises. It would be more fair for him to come to my home turf. After all, here is where the shot took place that started the whole debate.

If you would like to ask him about my suggestion, and he accepts to come here, I will take the challenge!
Thanks, ---goodgrouper
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
Ain't it funny? Why do they challange a shot made at 820 yards on an elk, like it can't be done? or it's somehow bad to attemp such a shot. Yet on this site a guy makes a claim of shooting a 5/8" group at three hundred yards with his hunting rifle, shows a pic of a target and everyone is to polite to say anything. I like it here much better than that other web site. Thanks for running a great place to have a chat and share information, Dave!

[/ QUOTE ]

If a short guy has never seen a ball dunked in basketball before he would have a hard time believing it can be done right? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Gold Member

I will give him the message. But if you guys do square off please video tape it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]