Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Any NY State hunters?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Bronze Member

Any NY State hunters?

Is there any New York state hunters? Preferably Western NY?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Any NY State hunters?

Yes - but I'm not exactly in the western part of the state. I live on Long Island and hunt everywhere except L.I. Up-state, down-state, out-of-state, out-of-the country, you name it I'll give it a try. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Although it is harder to get to western NY than most other areas from here. I've been tempted by the big bucks that are often found in the western areas of NY & PA.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Bronze Member

Oh yeah [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. Maybe next season you can give it a try. There are a lot of areas to hunt in WNY, especially Zoar Valley State Park/Land, it is 2,927 acres of lovely deer (and other animals of course) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], big ones too!

It's a great place to hunt, lots of cool areas to see also. I just took a 2 and a half hour hike yesterday, went down into the stream and followed it. It lead me to some really cool areas. I went to the gorge, which is a 150 foot drop in most places but it can get even higher. I was probably about 300 feet above it, sitting at a tree just looking around and relaxing. Great area.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
There are a lot of areas to hunt in WNY, especially Zoar Valley State Park/Land, it is 2,927 acres of lovely deer (and other animals of course) , big ones too!

[/ QUOTE ]

How's the hunting pressure @ Zoar?

I tried a new PA State Game Land this year. Everything looked great until opening morning. There were more patches of orange than you could find in a pumpkin field. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] My hunting partners couldn't wait to get out of there. Oddly enough, there was very little shooting.

* I just did a quick internet search and see that firearms are prohibited in Zoar Vally. I guess the Valley is much bigger than the Park itself.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Bronze Member

The hunting pressure is not bad at all. It is a massive park so don't worry [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. There's many areas to go into the park by, of course there are posted areas, just watch out for those. But other then that, the park it self is full of cool scenic areas and everything. Great place to hunt, it is nice and relaxing.

I'm new to hunting, well actually I havnt gotten my license yet. I've just been going out with my cousin(s) and my father. You would like it here a lot.