Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Any interest in buying our own LR shooting range in SW Montana?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Platinum Member

Any interest in buying our own LR shooting range in SW Montana?

Any interest in this? It seems that we have a lot of guys in the area here who are long rangers and maybe if we get enough who are willing to donate some dollars we could pull this off.

I was thinking something along the lines of a couple of adjacent sections of land where we could set up a few ranges and be able to shoot to 2500-3000 yards.

We could build a club house for various functions including how to seminars on say, bedding, hand loading techniques, scope mounting, etc. And also put up some indoor benches for onsite load development. We could also have LR shooting shooting classes and other shooting events.

We could also eventually put some cabins for overnight accommodations.

I usually have a good chunk of time off in the winter months so I would also be willing to donate my construction skills.

Thoughts?

Mark

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Any interest in buying our own LR shooting range in SW Montana?

Sounds like an awesome idea! But unfortunately with me being newly married, and trying to get into grad school, it would only be a dream of mine. Good luck with getting it started!