Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Any Christian Themed Camo Patterns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Bronze Member

Any Christian Themed Camo Patterns?

Guys, I need some help here. I've been scratching my head trying to figure a camo pattern with a Christian theme for a rifle build. Dave Viers built my 338 snipe tac a few years back and made a really nice triple cross on a hill with a kind of a sunrise in the background. It makes for a nice conversation starter...

He's now making me a lightweight 300WSM and I simply can't figure out a paint scheme for it. If anyone has any thoughts I would love to hear them. Thanks!

Psalms 27:1
Old 11-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Any Christian Themed Camo Patterns?

You could go with a twisted crown of thorns, but it could easily be confused as a "tribal" design.
There's always the "pale horse & death rode with him" road too, as far as themes go, but I don't know how you'd make it into a camo pattern either. Cool name for a rifle, but its kinda grim.
How bout "by his strypes?" Kinda look like a bear tore into it claws first.....
I dunno, without partial quotes or phrases incorperated into it, those ideas could easily pass for something completely different than thier intended purpose.
Neat idea by the way. Im glad your rifles serve multiple purposes, thats way cool. Let us know what you come up with.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 11-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks WinMag! You've got me thinking; maybe combine your first and third thoughts and stamp "By His Stripes" or something on the metal... Put that over a solid color with flecks of other color maybe. I'll have to give that some thought. If you come up with any more thoughts I'd love to hear them! -- Don

Old 11-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Platinum Member

Sorry I don't have any more ideas than winmag, but be sure to post pics when you have it done!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Gold Member

How about " crosses" of different sizes and colors randomly scattered over a solid color background?
Old 11-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Bronze Member

RDM416, that certainly sounds like a great idea. The crosses would break up the outline and actually "camo" it. Thank you, I really appreciate it! -- Don

Old 11-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Gold Member

Hope it works out, post pics when you get-er done! I like the idea so well I may just do one myself!