Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Anti-gun policy - unbelievable!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Silver Member

Re: Anti-gun policy - unbelievable!!!

Try www.paypal.com ... works for me for numerous gunbroker contracts.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Silver Member

Paypal is also owned by anti-gun E-Bay and specifically state that you cannot buy "PayPal also does not permit assault weapon-related parts and accessories" or "You may not use PayPal in the purchase or sale of any firearm"
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...amp;ed=weapons

They do not list cleaning supplies as "evil" though.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:49 PM
Bronze Member

[ QUOTE ]
Try www.paypal.com ... works for me for numerous gunbroker contracts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately the seller does not accept PayPal...

Besides, you must be lucky to have PayPal process your payments, according to their company policy, they dont like firearms: [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr..._frame-outside

Anyway, I did it via ebay now and it worked fine... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Bronze Member

Sorry gonehuntingagain, was just a minute too slow there... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2005, 01:30 AM
Gold Member

How much of this no gun policy is actualy anti gun, and how much ish scared of the lawyers, just imagine if some one went mad with a gun payed for using pay pal, the way the sue you sue me thing escalates in the states you'd soon have some moron trying to screw paypal.
I'm just looking at bieng able to accept credit cards, it costs a one of of about $170, and then $25 a month, and they also take 4% of the transaction. i wonder what the charges are in the USA. The EU isn't geared up for credit card use as much as the UK and USA are, for example i bought a fax yesterday in one of the biggest electrical equipment shops in Germany (Saturn) and did they take credit cards? No ..
any one any idea what it costs for a dealer to equip himself for crédit card acceptance in the USA and what the associated charges are?
Pete
Old 03-30-2005, 06:59 AM
Gold Member

gonehuntingagain,
Did'nt know that ebay are anti gun, i have bought a lot of fishing gear from ebay and sold many items(slap my arse!).I dont really want to boycott them because there are some great bargains. I seek forgiveness for my sins. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ian
Old 03-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
gonehuntingagain,
Did'nt know that ebay are anti gun, i have bought a lot of fishing gear from ebay and sold many items(slap my arse!).I dont really want to boycott them because there are some great bargains. I seek forgiveness for my sins. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they are anti gun, but not 100%. You can still buy reloading equipment and some gun parts. Magazines cannot be over 10 rounds (even if they are legal in your state). There was a thread on here a little while ago that went to an ebay action in Australia where a guy was only trying to sell UNPRIMED brass and he received a bunch of grief from Ebay and had his auction closed.