Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Anti-gun policy - unbelievable!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Bronze Member

Anti-gun policy - unbelievable!!!

Sorry, didn't know where else to post this...

I just purchased two bottles of Coppermelt bore cleaner at www.GunBroker.com (see my thread in Equipment Review) and arranged payment via www.BidPay.com (former www.auctionpayments.com) money order just to immediately receive an email, that my order has been denied...[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

WHY??? Because BidPay has an Anti-Gun Policy that does not even allow me to use their service to pay for 2 bottles of ordinary BORE CLEANER!!!

I cant believe it - how narrow-minded, stupid (unfortunately I lack the appropriate swear words in English[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) and ignorant is this???

Whoever is responsible for this policy belongs in a zoo...

Sorry for the outburst but there are things that have to be said! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Gold Member

Re: Anti-gun policy - unbelievable!!!

That just goes to show you how far those anti gun anti hunters are willing to go to stop someone from doing something they dont believe in! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Thats just letting us all know if we dont already support the NRA or similar foundation it will not be long before there will be no guns or hunting because some group of jerk offs dont think it,s ethical. OH by the way I'm a member of P.E.T.A. People for Eating of Tasty Animals! How you like that P.E.T.A.?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Sorry got a little carried away there!
Old 03-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
(unfortunately I lack the appropriate swear words in English)

[/ QUOTE ]

You could try using [censored] and [censored] followed by [censored][censored]. Maybe throw in a few [censored] and top it of with a lung full of air and a loud [censored][censored] rotten [censored].

Hope that helps. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Silver Member

Didn't know this, thanks for sharing. Now they won't get any of my money! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 01:29 AM
Gold Member

I recently had a company called Balzers turn down a several thousand dollarcontract with me, for them to coat custom rifles i build, they do coatings for the aerospace and auto industry etc, they wrote to me saying " Unfortunately, due to company philisophical and ethical reasons we must refuse to coat and mechanical part that is to be used in any way in a firearm"
well if they don't want my business, plents others do, took me 10 minutes to find some one else who is happy to do the work.. Vote with your feet guys, its time we hunters and shooters started asking questions about the anti gun policies of every company we deal with, work with or purchase from, be it tomatoes of cars.
Pete
Old 03-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Bronze Member

That is the type of crap i have come expect from gunphobic Australian burocrats and tree huggin' hippies.
Why do people like that feel that it is there right to pass judgement on a sport that they know nothing about?...
Old 03-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Bronze Member

[ QUOTE ]
OH by the way I'm a member of P.E.T.A. People for Eating of Tasty Animals! How you like that P.E.T.A.??

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one 7RUM - I shall have to remember that one!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey Wombat, I heard things are even tougher down your end of the world, right?! But dont you worry - I am very confident that our European bureaucracy and tree-huggers will catch up in no time... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]