Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

another UPS disaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Platinum Member

Re: another UPS disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyboy View Post
Zanders called ups and started the process of claim work. UPS shows up today with a label wanting the whole delivery back and asking for the damaged goods, so there inspector can look at the packageing and torn tape ect..

I took 15 minutes to explain to the driver that there are no damaged goods the frikin goods are missing. He wants the rifle and the binos, and I tell him unless he pulls an ffl license out of his ass there's no way he's taking the rifle.

So I spend the next 5 minutes explaining to the supervisor on the phone, the same thing.

So he takes the empty box and the 3 pieces of brass that were in it. I can only think how f'ed up this copmpany is that they need to look at torn tape when the driver is right there with a camera cell phone and could have pics of the dam box sent to the inspector.

Holy Crap!! I've never heard of that happening. They lose or damage my stuff sometimes But I've never had anyone want to inspect anything. They just send a check.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member

About a year ago I shipped a barrel UPS to a mamber on here. It was packaged well in a heavy tube. When it arrived it was smashed flat, the brake was gone anong with the brake removal tool. It looked as if they ran it over with a forklift , lost parts and then used some light tale to cover the smashed open end. The hole process of trying to find the missing parts and filing the claim was a disaster. After hours on the phone with a slew of incompotent people who could care less. I was out the missing parts, frustrated and never recieved ant report of their decission or one dime for the stuff they lost or stole. The only stroke of luck I had was, the person buying the barrel was an honest person, understanding and very easy to work with.

I won't even tell the story of the US Postal Service employee that stole my unfired Weatherby 460 5 panel Lazermark. Never found that either...

Old 04-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Gold Member

The bad thing about UPS is they only re-imburse the shipper, and for actual value that you have in it, not for the value that you sold it for. The UPS terminal outside of Chicago, right close to where I-294 and I-55 meet has the highest theft rate in the country.

I was told to ship if insured with a value over $1,000.00. They put those packages in a locked, fenced area when the package is not actually on a truck in transit, and take a little bit more care of them to keep them safe.

Good luck with the claim!