Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

another UPS disaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Platinum Member

another UPS disaster

UPS lost a barrel being shipped to me a few months ago.

Yesterdays screw up takes the cake.

I ordered the last 2 boxes of Lapua 338 brass that I could find anywhere. I have 2 guys wanting brass for custom rifles I am building for them. So I place the order and include a rem 700 sps for another customer and a pair of binoculars for a third. I recieve the box cut the tape pull out the rifle and binos and then turn it upside down to dump out the brass and packing paper that is wedged in the box.

wow, 3 pieces of loose brass fall out, thats it. I look at the bottom of the box and here it was retaped shut, no note on the box or nothing. A claim has been started and I'm gonna chew ass when they come look at the box.

"I hope you like the rifle.................. err here's your brass!"
Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member

Re: another UPS disaster

Not good.

If your looking for more brass Adam at Bauer Arms (763-263-9565) has some for a descent price.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Silver Member

That's terrible Jim. I've been fortunate that all I've lost so far is a custom coyote call. Al made another one and sent it to me no charge. That was with usps.

Mike
Old 04-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Platinum Member

I lost a floating reamer holder and some other items the same way. Brownells was great about it. The sent another no questions asked and worked it out with UPS somehow.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Platinum Member

If UPS loses a shippers package they reimburse the shipper. The shipper should in turn reimburse or replace what was sent. At some package value Insurance on what's being shipped must be purchased but what value that is, I don't know. It's more than $200 though.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member

Zanders called ups and started the process of claim work. UPS shows up today with a label wanting the whole delivery back and asking for the damaged goods, so there inspector can look at the packageing and torn tape ect..

I took 15 minutes to explain to the driver that there are no damaged goods the frikin goods are missing. He wants the rifle and the binos, and I tell him unless he pulls an ffl license out of his ass there's no way he's taking the rifle.

So I spend the next 5 minutes explaining to the supervisor on the phone, the same thing.

So he takes the empty box and the 3 pieces of brass that were in it. I can only think how f'ed up this copmpany is that they need to look at torn tape when the driver is right there with a camera cell phone and could have pics of the dam box sent to the inspector.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:33 PM

I used to enjoy the pleasure of UPS. The delivery driver whose rural route I am unfortunate enough to be on, would just stick the package in the regular mail anyway so guess what? These days I exaust all other shipping options before I resort to the nightmare they refer to as a parcel service.