Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Another Feather in the Hat for the Anti-Gunners after Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 08:15 PM

Another Feather in the Hat for the Anti-Gunners after Today

What happened today in Virginia is just what the anti-gunners were wanting to fuel their fire.....Its sad...Watch them come out of the woods now...
Old 04-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Another Feather in the Hat for the Anti-Gunners after Today

Sadly yes, too bad if people were smart we would do something like switzerland and give everyone rifles. If we did that, and allowed concealed carry on campus I could guarentee this crap wouldnt happen, and if it did it wouldnt be a massacre...just a idiot getting shot.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:48 AM
Gold Member

Stricter gun control will not stop such trajedies, here in the UK we had some of the tightest gunlaws (now even tighter) in the world but it did not stop Dunblane! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Ian.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Bronze Member

To quote a gentleman on another forum "You're going to make Nancy Pelosi blush"

This is not ammunition for gun control advocates.

This IS why unrestricted carry, or repealing CCW restrictions in "Gun Free Zones" should be pursued.

Creating "Gun Free Zones" creates shooting galleries, plain and simple.

Gun Control laws wouldn't have prevented this, but another gun would have minimized it.

The concept may make people cringe, but if we (ALL of society) would have taken a different view of gun ownership since conception, that point would be moot. Now were stuck trying to correct decades of complacency.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This IS why unrestricted carry, or repealing CCW restrictions in "Gun Free Zones" should be pursued.

Gun Control laws wouldn't have prevented this, but another gun would have minimized it.

The concept may make people cringe, but if we (ALL of society) would have taken a different view of gun ownership since conception, that point would be moot. Now were stuck trying to correct decades of complacency.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly wish more people would think like this...You are right....
Old 04-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Bronze Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that!

Murf
Old 04-19-2007, 06:04 AM
Bronze Member

My morning coffee was a little to strong today, so I'm in another opine mode, sorry if my "rhetoric" is getting to anyone, but I argue this stuff with some flaming gun control advocates at work every day.

Whether you believe in Cain and Abel, or an evolved sense of hate; Man will always mistreat Man. I'm not too naive to see it, that's life.

If you think there will always be an officer of the law to protect you, there are a number of people who unfortunately can't disagree. And its not the officer's fault. I'm not too naive to see it, that's our society.

In War and Peace, Orwell wrote ,"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

So, who are our rough men (women)? The last thing we need are laws restricting the people who, for personal or patriotic reasons feel compelled to defend themselves and those that want to sleep peaceably, God rest their souls.

Jeff