Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Annual Pdog shoot get together

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2005, 03:05 AM
daveosok

Annual Pdog shoot get together

I was out in South Dakota a few years back picking up a B-One for the ANG unit I am in and the pdog towns in the badlands were full of the little brown furry critters.
Next question would be location of get together with respect to camping and or local hotels and time of year?

Dave
Old 08-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Gold Member

Re: Annual Pdog shoot get together

Daveosok,didnt know if you realize it or not,but the towns in and around the Badlands are thriving with dogs because the PD hunting in and around the Badlands has been closed for sometime now thanks to the reintroduction of the Black Footed ferret. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2005, 11:30 PM
daveosok

Yeah I knew you couldnt shoot them in the Badlands.
Just west of Interior SD on highway 44 is USFS which you can hunt in and by the looks of it has a substantial pdog colony.
From Rapid City on highway 44 to Interior the whole highway from their map looks to have plenty of pdogs that would be legal to shoot provided its on USFS land or we get permission.
From what I have heard its bascially pretty easy to get permission to hunt private land you just follow some simple rules, if the gate is open leave it open if its shut leave it shut, dont go where there arent any trails, dont destory the property, keep it clean and safe.
I think we could assemble wesf of Interior SD in the USFS area and pulg away at the Pdgos all day long, what do you think?
Dave
Old 08-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Gold Member

All the dog towns west of Interior,south of the Badlands on USFS land are closed to dog hunting and have been for some time.There was talk about opening it back up but as of yet it hasnt happened.If you drive along 44 south of the Badlands you will see the large white signs proclaiming the dog hunting has been closed.Thanks to the USFS and thier damn ferrets.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:53 PM
daveosok

Dang. Well can you suggest where would could go to shoot them?