Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

AH HA a Woof has a potential use!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Platinum Member

Re: AH HA a Woof has a potential use!!!

Well each year my eyes and hearing are a little less than use to be. As soon asmy sense of smell goes I will spoon some up. But tight now Those things really stink!!!

Jeff
Old 12-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Oops forgot the clip............

Also got to thinkin' seeds! The lucky person who got a "seed" in their gumbo would win a free serving.
Ohhh....yuck!

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 12-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
Puppies and dumplings.... 1) raid den site (prior to opening eyes preferred)....better than bugs I suppose, but short of survival situations I'm not likely to knowingly try it. Dr. wants my weight down anyhow.

Believe it or not: I know someone that was invited on a hunt By a group of Indian Iron workers
up north and found out that the hunt date was based on the arrival of a litter of pups for that
very reason.

He declined.

PS; Don't be putting ideas in Roy's head because he will eat anything from what I understand.

Just kidding ROY.

J E CUSTOM
Old 12-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Silver Member

An old joke from the reservation:
What's an Indian seven course meal? A six pack and a puppy...even I would toss my cookies on that one.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Gold Member

Location: Sagauache County, Co...3170 sq miles, not a single stop light!

I had a buddy once that had a really good female walker hound that he hunted lions with. well the sneaky neighbor dog got in her pen and bred her , so greg had a litter of 4 pups on his hands. he didnt have the heart to do them in so he did the walmart thing.....stand outside with the puppies in a box. he was staying with friends outside the indian res near Payson , AZ as i recall. he said he was all happy when he got home. one nice older indian fella took them all! Then his friends told him what was gonna happen to them...... :(

ps: no offense meant to any native american types on this board, but it is a true story! ever wonder why you dont see any stray cats in chinatown? that might not have been chicken in that eggroll!
Old 12-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdinger View Post
oh come on you wusses.....Lewis and Clark ate dog all the way across the northwest. It was the standard food everytime the indians gave them a welcome feast. you just have to get over your tender sensibilities.....prob tastes like chicken
Seems like they boiled boots at one point also...I read one account when they feasted on dog with a tribe, both sides politely ate it thinking the other side considered it a delicacy.

Last edited by HARPERC; 12-22-2011 at 03:52 PM. Reason: add
Old 12-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Gold Member

Can't comment of Woof, but properly prepared Mountain Lion is with out a doubt the best wild game meet on the planet!!!
2nd Alfalfa fed Antelope
3rd Elk Cow or calf

Dave
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)