Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Advantages/Dissavantages of thumbhole stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Gold Member

Re: Advantages/Dissavantages of thumbhole stock

Ive been using a HS precision thumbhole sporter now for a few years, i love it, it is superb, i like the possition of the grip far better than any other type of stock, i got used to straight pistol grips in the army and a normal stocj feels alien nowadays, for deliberate shooting a thumbhole is good, its also usable on short range quick snap shooting but takes a little practice. I can email pics if any one wants to see em.. Pete
Old 08-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Platinum Member

Pete
I would love it if you would post them for myself and others to see.

Can you post a picture with a shot of a ruler laid over the trigger and hole area. I'm a ruler nut when it comes to photos.

Thanks for the offer.

Wombat, Please report your findings. I agree with pete that you will find a "more" horizontal grip a pleasure to shoot (as long at its not to vertical.)
Old 08-14-2004, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member

Only got three at the time

but have two more stocks waiting to be fitted.For a bolt they work great but the one I had on my Ancore was ackward,kinda hard to get your thumb out and cock the hammer [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

[ 08-15-2004: Message edited by: Mach V ]
Old 08-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Platinum Member

Mach that lower picture is very cool. Didn't I see that same gun in the picture section near the back of a varmint hunters magazine about a year or more back?