Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Active Hearing Protection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Gold Member

Re: Active Hearing Protection

Älg, you mean priceless !! your hearing is pricless? whats the regulation with a moderator in your location? for the next time i come? Pete
Old 12-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Gold Member

Sh--t man, my hearing remains in good condition but my head seems to be greatly affected¡¡¡ well you got the point.

sound suppresors forbidden. i´ll check what happens with a non resident that brings one he is legally entitled to, but most probably won´t let you use it if they know about it.

keep me updated on the stock and action.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Silver Member

I have used a set of peltor 6's for a few years then about 3 years ago I brought set of Rem 2000's on close out at wally world.

They work nicer then the peltors I try and wear them all the time. When hunting or shooting. I do find them to be a bit hard to wear all day.

But I am sure I have worn them enough to have save my ears from thousands of gun shots over the years.

As a firearms instructor I find them to be very useful on the range they add a lot to the safety. I can hear what is going on and take action as needed.

I wish here in the states surpressors were easier to obtain they would safe a lot of peoples hearing.

I think a surpress 12 ga would be very interisting for bird shooting.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Gold Member

The reason suppressors in the UK are available is that if the registration authorities deny a permit for one, you carry on shooting and go deaf, they can be held liable.
Ive seen and used moderated shot guns in the UK. infact i had a bolt action, silenced 410 as a kid, there are several 12 gauges that are fully moderated available today and a bunch of subsonic 12 ga ammo.
Pete