Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Accuracy International

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Gold Member

Re: Accuracy International

Derek,

[ QUOTE ]
get a rpa quadlite action put in the ai chasis system, with a border barrel in the caliber and proflie of your choice and you'll be ready to roll.... it will be more accurate than the awp i'd bet

[/ QUOTE ]
Talk like that about AWPs should be a flogging offence! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

...and from an AI owner too! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The Beast; 0.25MOA but as hard as nails; I won't let it know what you said [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]:
Old 02-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Silver Member

oooh! that hurt.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] grrr

seems that most of the people in this thread are either AI owners or admirers, and reading down this thread reminds me of my email address book. de-ja-vu thing going on here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

jezza, border barrels re-tubed my AI AE with a 30" fluted 1 in 8 twist tapering from 1.25" at the action to 1" at the muzzle. bead blasted finish and it looks wicked. i'll post some pics once i work out how to get decent images onto the net that aren't huge..... all credit to border barrels though, they did a great job! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] the breaking in should finish tomorrow and i'll start ladder testing next weekend if all goes well....

ds is right in that the rpa thing is addictive. i am hopefull that i can get patches or chewing-gum to wean me off them.

and as for the beast..... looks kind of naked matt without a moderator on it..... i think you should be brave and allow someone to thread it for a jet-z. it is streets ahead of the reflex imho.

piccies as soon as possible folks, bet y'all can't wait!
Old 02-26-2005, 01:04 AM
Gold Member

Poor customer service, lacking business ethic, over priced products, blinkered thinking, no sense of urgency, eggs all in one basket, no concern or interest in civilian markets, failure to exploit business opertunities.
do i need to carry on? the writing was on the wall.
Pete
Old 02-26-2005, 01:58 AM
Gold Member

Derek,

Pics: As you can see, I use hunt101. To get the file size down I crop the photos significantly -take the photo from further away than you would normally choose, then 'zoom-in' by cropping. You lose image quality, but then that's why the file size reduces!

Yep, I must get a moderator. I think I'd only let Border cut the barrel which puts the hassle factor through the roof from down here -particularly if they insist on re-proofing. Can the Jet-z be cleaned internally? I remember that Jackson fellow trying to explain that the uncleanable mild steel on a reflex wasn't an issue because -after all- car exhausts were mild steel. Failed to point out that car exhausts don't fragment 2 feet from your face when they fail!

Pete,

Yep, in a business world, AI's arrogance was always rather odd.
Seen my post regarding my weird ideas on a plains game spec? (home email address over the w/e)
Old 03-01-2005, 05:55 AM
Silver Member

Australian army are going to be pissed ! They awarded AI a contract for new 7.62 and 50 BMG sniper rifles not so long ago .
Old 03-01-2005, 01:57 PM
Silver Member

ok folks, i think i have cracked this picture thing.....

accuracy international AE re-tubed to 260rem by border barrels. nightforce 12-42x56 nxs milldot on the top.

and the rpa is thus

rpa interceptor in 308 - basically a quadlite action with a border barrels archer barrel (button rifled instead of cut-rifled). hand bedded into a robertson interceptor stock with a jet-z suppressor on the end. loopy 8.5-25X50 LRT milldot scope.

now i have the hang of this photo thing i'll post some groups when i have the load development done...

derek
Old 03-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Bronze Member

Derek,

What angle did you take the photo of your AI? stock looks crooked..hah..Love TNT!!!

JR