Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Absolutely Insane School Rule

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2003, 01:12 PM

Re: Absolutely Insane School Rule

Bigsky, the principal at this school stated that the saying the word gun will get you suspended. It came right out of his mouth in front of my friend I work with when he went to the school and sat down in the office with the principal. I thought it was different like you, but it is not. The principal said anyone who mentions the word will be suspended. That is what I am saying is absurd.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:49 PM
Bronze Member

Sue them for violating your sons constitutional right of free speach.Name the priciple and the entire school board in the suit and see how fast they make ammends.

Mac
Old 11-03-2003, 01:56 PM
Bronze Member

unfortunatly this does not suprise me. A yougn girl like 8 years old was expelled for having a weapon on campus,

The weapon was a tweety bird key chain with a 6 inch chain.

a 8 year old boy up north was suspended for drawing a picture of a marine killing a taliban soldier. His dad and uncle are in a'stan right now.

[ 11-03-2003: Message edited by: J Schulze ]
Old 11-03-2003, 02:20 PM

i am currently a senior in high school. 6 years ago we had a shooting at the junior prom. (Formal dance for middle school) since then our school district has enforced many harsh rules about firearms. i personally have been called down the office on numerous occasions for my dress. my dress included a firearms related shirts. i am a straight kid, no thug. for example access to varminthunters.com has been terminated due to Weapon related material. this website is the only one what i can access. hell i cant even get to remington or hornady's website via the schools Internet. i bet if i was the starting quarter back for our division champion football team i wouldnt have these problems. but yet again what do i know.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:48 PM
Gold Member

JordanM,

Yea, and if you were as queer as a three dollar bill and planning a campus march, or a Hindu displaying the seven symbols of sheva on your tunic, you wouldn't be called up front. Sad, ain't it....

db
Old 11-03-2003, 07:05 PM

Symantic (Norton) Internet Security 2004 firewall software blocks sites out like NRA including their Institute for Legislative Action, while permitting the Brady bill site & other anti gun sites through! THIS SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED IN LIBRARIES to protect our children...
http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/03/11/02...tid=153&tid=99

I won't be recommending anything from this company, Grisoft.com's AVG free antivirus software is my recommendation!
Old 11-04-2003, 12:27 AM

Absolutely Insane School Rule

A co-worker just informed me that his son was EXPELLED rom school this morning for asking a school mate what kind of gun he hunts with. Expelled for three days that could of been 10 days. What in the hell is this world coming to? Brainwashing children that guns are inherently bad is the wrong thing to do. This just pisses me off way past the boiling point. I urged him to take this battle as high as he could.