Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

8 Big Horn Sheep Killed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Silver Member

Re: 8 Big Horn Sheep Killed

RockyMtnMT, I agree on the fine issue, most drivers in a pick-up or car are going to try to avoid hitting anything. But sp6X6 has a point with the semi, most of those guys don't slow down unless it's a moose, elk or bovine cow. I hired a livestock trucker a couple of years back to haul some cattle for me. I rode with him and got an eye opener. This guy was talking a mile a minute doing about 55 or 60 on a back country highway. A doe and half grown fawn were crossing the highway in front of us, no other cars in sight, and this guy never slowed down driving or talking. I did'nt expect him to slam on the brakes but I thought he would have at least have let off the throttle and said oh shi#. Bump, Bump never even acted like it happened. I quizzed him about it and all he said was "Oh you can't slow down for for the small stuff". Fences, underpasses when feasable would be a real help but when there are flashing lights and warning signs these guys need to slow down. I also didn't know the critters like that crap they put on the highway. From what i've heard its not good on aluminimum or paint.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member

sp6x6, You said "That semi trucker had a big cow catcher bumper and just mowed the sheep over, total disriguard for them" What's your source?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member

Chase 1, I t has been a while ago so I dont remeber the detail ver batium. But to sum it up it happened, and my wife was a proffesional reporter for 17 yrs, you never reveal your source Side note, my wife was one of the most awarded news casters in MT. 5 time E.B. Craney award, highest AP contributer, etc. Father-inlaw broadcaster hall of fame