Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

8 Big Horn Sheep Killed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 8 Big Horn Sheep Killed

The driver was cited with a misdemeanor failure to obey a traffic signal not for hitting an animal/s. Shame though...what a waste.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
The driver was cited with a misdemeanor failure to obey a traffic signal not for hitting an animal/s. Shame though...what a waste.
I must not have read enough. Was he cited for speeding or what? Yes I agree, what a waste. I want a sheep tag so bad I can taste it.

Steve
Old 01-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Platinum Member

It just says "The driver was cited with a misdemeanor failure to obey a traffic signal" Where I'm from that's a light of some sort...whether traffic or flashing etc.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Silver Member

Around here they have flashing yellow lights, and a sign that says Slow with Caution.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Platinum Member

I think you are probably right. I find it interesting. Does that mean that it was witnessed. Why didn't the witness warn the driver of the sheep in the road. Do they have cameras set up to catch people not obeying the signs just before they hit the sheep. Maybe they got him by measuring the skid marks.

I have come very close to plowing through a herd of sheep. It wasn't because I was going too fast. I have hit a few deer. One when I was a kid because I was going too fast. The others couldn't be helped. Not at speeds within the limits.

Any way, glad it wasn't me.

Steve
Old 01-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Platinum Member

I know alot of places have cameras installed right above the traffic light...you go through it and the registered vehicle owner gets a ticket in the mail or switch lanes when your not supposed to and walla a ticket in the mail...so who knows hitting 8 sheeps kinda serious so maybe they did the old play the video back...folks don't realize the number of times your on camera in a average day...there just so small and inconspicuos...next time your out and about for a day and take notice...you'll be amazed of coarse that assumes your not miles away f/the nearest town.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Platinum Member

Here in MT you are generally always away from town. The camera thing was kinda tongue in cheek. I think he got a ticket for hitting wild life on the highway. If it stands, we all have another great thing to look forward to. Another reason you should never leave town or use anything other than public transportation.

Sorry for the rant.

Steve