Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

6.5 Creedmoor vs. .260 Remingotn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 01:02 PM

6.5 Creedmoor vs. .260 Remingotn

Okay I know this topic has been beat to death and there are many other forums regarding this topic. I have read most to all of them. Just wanting some fresh opinions on the topic. I am basically looking for load data comparisons. Also, will be running magazines on my future rifle. I have read the Creed is a better for that. Please give me your 2 cents on this! Whatever you think I would appreciate it! Thanks for reading !!

Also for my build I was going to use a Krieger 1:8 Twist. And a 28 Inch Barrel. Give me your opinions on the barrel length and choice of barrel maker ! Thanks alot guys !
Old 04-17-2014, 02:14 PM
Silver Member

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor vs. .260 Remingotn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408s10 View Post
Okay I know this topic has been beat to death and there are many other forums regarding this topic. I have read most to all of them. Just wanting some fresh opinions on the topic. I am basically looking for load data comparisons. Also, will be running magazines on my future rifle. I have read the Creed is a better for that. Please give me your 2 cents on this! Whatever you think I would appreciate it! Thanks for reading !!

Also for my build I was going to use a Krieger 1:8 Twist. And a 28 Inch Barrel. Give me your opinions on the barrel length and choice of barrel maker ! Thanks alot guys !
o boy another one of these threads!!! i posted my opinion of the two on your last thread so i dont need to repeat it. The two are identical in terms of ballistics.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Platinum Member

I would get the Creed. I just like the way it sounds. My 6.5-284 is a just a 6.5 to me. So if it were me, Creed all the way. I would tell my kid to grab the Creed and 6.5 from the safe and let's go hunting. Then again I named my 6.5 Arte'mis. (Arteemis) the greek huntress god. ha ha good luck
Old 04-17-2014, 08:13 PM
Bronze Member

6.5 Creedmoor for Tactical Competition within AccurateShooter.com
Old 04-18-2014, 03:43 AM
Platinum Member

I don't own either. I looked at them a bit when I was planning a build, and the correct answer is whichever ammunition, and quality components are the most readily available to you.