Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

.56moa, Iron Sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 01:14 AM
Gold Member

.56moa, Iron Sights

I was developing a load for the 1903 Springfield and was kinda surprised by the results.

I am going to try another group tomorrow to see if I can duplicate that.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 12-22-2009, 02:11 AM
Silver Member

Re: .56moa, Iron Sights

Looks pretty good.

1903's are very accurate rifles. I bought mine at a garage sale a few years ago. My Springfield Armory 1903A1 is dated 9-09 on the barrel, the serial number is in the low 380k, I only shoot cast bullets out of it. I have shot it out to 500 yards with cast bullets and have had pretty good results, ussally can hit a 16" off hand 50% of the time.

I bought it with an original M1905 Bayonet with scabbard, I paid $175 the rifle and bayonet and sold the Bayonet and scabbard for $230 on ebay.

I love the action and would like to find another oen to build a "classic" custom in 257 AI.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:48 AM
Gold Member

I love those bullets!

I love those old rifles too! There is just something about them.

I have an Eddystone US Model of 1917 that came with a bayonet and scabbard, the blade on the bayonet is 17" long. Longest bayonet I have ever seen.

The barrel is stamped 9-18, (after they got the case hardening sorted out.)

The Springfield was made between 1941-1942 in New York. I am pretty sure it is the way it came from the factory. I had a book from the library that gave me all the facts and figures on it.

Beautiful rifle, thanks for sharing!
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 12-23-2009, 12:26 AM
Gold Member

It has been reduced to .375moa.

I should have gotten one of these sights for my Winchester.