Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

$4 a round to shoot!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Silver Member

Re: $4 a round to shoot!

When my wife starts snooping around my fishin' gear, guns and gear, shop tools and supplies and the like, then asks questions about cost, I simply ask her for the total amount of $$ on the sales receipts in her purse.

Her next statement will be something like "what would you like for dinner honey?"
Old 03-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Platinum Member

Wile, Love your quote!

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 03-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Silver Member

Mike, When that happens, as it did over the past weekend, I'll make her feel better by leaving something out on my desk that will indicate there might be something for her in that expense. For instance, today there is a sketch and an estimate for built-in closet shelves and drawers I'm getting ready to do soon for her closet. (she's been buggin me to do this for a while now). Of course I add labor at a slightly inflated rate. By the weekend, she'll comment on the savings of labor cost by doing it myself. What she won't know is that cost savings is going to be transformed into a S&W 629 Classic....... then when she finds out about that, the cycle starts all over again. Pete
Old 03-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)
I mean this one^^

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 03-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Gold Member

I once heard, I can't remember where, "I hope, apon my demise, that my wife doesn't sell my guns for the price I told her I paid for them".
Old 03-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Gold Member

OMG that was too funny.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Silver Member

My wife buys her own guns, reloads with me and still has me beat on the number of moose over 6o inches. We were talking once a short time ago and out of the blue she turns to me and says what is it about guns that you can never have too many?

I did make the mistake of letting her shoot my son's 338 Lapua, now she wants a NF scope on her 300 saum.

Gus