Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

.308 or .7mm-08

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2005, 05:55 PM

Re: .308 or .7mm-08

while I am encouraged to see young blood interested in the sport... you are younger than 18 so better check with Dad first...
Old 01-18-2005, 10:07 PM

ric-while he may be younger than most, he is still here asking questions about a great sport. thus we should consider dean as an equal, if he hadnt mention his age, would this be brought up?

dean- if your looking for that all purpose rifle for deer to yotes' .243 is gunna be your best bet, 7-08 and 308 are gunna be over kill on a yote'...you are going to have a good choice in factory ammo if you chose to do so as well. good luck to ya
Old 01-19-2005, 09:27 AM

To be honest with you....

I suspected him to be of younger age than most as he was wishy washy with his direction of questions ... first is was a deer rifle then it was anything form deer to coyotes...

Given the circumstances.. you can be more than willing to help him and I commend you.. persons under the age of 18 in my book.. this day and age... it gets a little risky... nothing personal... but some sort of hold harmless agreement would be nice...

sad to say with firearms and society and the anti's ... just my personal concerns...

I wish him luck and he found a great place to learn... Just would like to see Dad involved when he is in a public forum...

Jordan.. you gonna make it to the Harrisburg Show? Look me up we can meet and chat about LR stuff.....
Old 01-21-2005, 04:18 PM

yes given the quesion was somewhat vague, ill agree on that.

as for being under the age of 18, i guess i can see where your coming from, although no one seems to be shy to answer any questions i may have. but i guess i am lucky to have had the chance to start high power silhouettes at 13, thus the interest began to peak, at those distances beyond the rams, and past "homer"

as for making it down to the show, i am hoping so. possibly work will allow me to meander down south for some "educational" work.. but we'll see.. with classes and work i see little chance though.. you have a booth down there?