300 Varminter Update
My rifle should be completed in May 2008. As soon as it's completed, Richard will post pictures of it on His web site. You can visit his site at Richard's Custom Rifles. I know many of you are wanting to hear about it's performance, it wont be too long now. The powder and bullets have been ordered.
I have already started prepping my Norma brass;
1.-cleaning flash holes
2-uniforming the primer pockets
3-turning necks to .334
I know Norma 300 WSM brass is exellent, however, I like to make sure.
The load will consist of the following;
1. Norma 300 WSM Brass
2. 75grns VV-N550 Powder
3. Federal 215M Primers
4. 125grn Nosler Ballistic tip-velocity will be between 4000 to 4050fps
5. &110grn V-Max-velocity will be between 4100 to 4150fps
For those who are new to the site and for those who want to know about my 300 Varminter, here are the specs;
1. 300 Varminter cartridge (300 WSM .337 Tight Neck Match Chamber)
2. Nesika Model K, 1.470 Diameter Action
3. Bartlien 30", 1-15 twist, 1.250 straight cylinder barrel, with zero freebore for 110-V-Max & 125grn BT bullets.
4. Richards Model #8 Stock (Looks like McMillan MBR stock) with lead added too rear.
5. Jewel 2oz trigger
6. Vias Muzzle brake
7. Nesika 20 MOA rail
8. Nightforce 30mm Rings
9. Nightforce NXS 8x32x56mm with MLR reticle
10. Total weight will be 24lbs
11. Custom Rifle Builder-Richard Franklin of Richard's Custom Rifles.
12. Barrel life is around 1500 rounds.
This rifle is being built for 400 to 800 yard Coyote, Squirrel and Pdog hunting. A 300 WSM, without a Custom action, Bartlien 30" 1-15 twist barrel and the use of Norma Brass, will not be able to match the perfromance of the 300 Varminter.
Sorry, to those who hate seeing my many posts on this rifle and topic. However, I wanted to give an update on it's progress and information to those who are interested in the specs and rifle. See you in about two months or less with range results. I will post pics as soon as it arrives, however, like I said, you will be able to see it on Richard's Web site. I will send out a post when I know Richard has posted the pics.