Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

300 Varminter Completed (Pictures)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by BountyHunter View Post

I got pissed when the the Kirby PR and Marketing team led by you and a couple others post "what a joke" thread denigrating a highly respected smith Richard Franklin BH
I've tried to stay out of this but now you've drug me in. It was I who posted this and it has nothing to do w/Kirby or JWP. If you don't think it's joke that someone would write ".162" @ 100 yds equals 1.62" @ 1000 yds" on a target then your not as smart as I thought you were. At least "the Kirby PR and Marketing Team" doesn't put BS like this out there. If it stinks it stinks. It doesn't matter who wrote it or how respected they are.

Last edited by bailey1474; 05-27-2008 at 10:04 AM. Reason: addition

Unread 05-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Official LRH Sponsor
I am staying out of this round, said my peace several times on earlier rounds but I am glad that BH seems to feel the need to include me in the topic even though I have yet to post anything on this particular string of posts.

So BH, thanks for including me, AGAIN. Seems you sit around fuming about me even when we are not conversing in any way. Glad to know I am always on your mind to the point you have to try to pull me into a debate just to start another pissin match.

Again, said my peace several times, I have communicated with Wildcat on the subject as well as contacting Richard Franklin directly and talking with him and having a totally honest conversation with him about his 300 Varminter, several in fact. I have stated my concerns with Wildcat and also discussed them with Richard and he fully agreed with all of my concerns that they were valid concerns and that only highly experienced handloaders should own a 300 Varminter and load it to these levels and then only in a rifle specifically for such loadings. I still mentioned my concern about these loads getting into a factory 300 WSM rifle and he said that was a valid concern but that he made the point very clear to his customers when getting one of these rifles the critical importance to keep these loads out of any rifle other then the one designed for it. I put the topic to rest for me after I spoke with Richard and posted on the conversation.

Already wasted to much time on this but if your going to bring up my name I will reply.
Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page:

Last edited by Fiftydriver; 05-29-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Unread 05-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Platinum Member
Of BN will bring your name into the thread even if you are not involved. BH has an agenda of sort with you ( the reason for such known only to BH), even Ray Charles could see through BHs thinly veiled shots at you.
range it,check the wind, dial in correction, aim and only one shot
Unread 05-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Gold Member
I thought this was LONG RANGE HUNTING not JERRY SPRINGER. Lately it seems there has been and increasing amount of attacks on this site. The funny thing is, it seems to be the same group of people.
Unread 05-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Bronze Member
If I call my .25-06 a .25 Varminter... does that mean I can run the 75 V-Max at 4000+ even though the pressure would be through the roof?
Unread 07-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Platinum Member
John----don't know how I missed this thread! Made some good points here and I talked to a couple of my friends who do this type of testing and you know who they are from our conversations. That being said please don't mention them by name but you are correct on the pressure issue--many people who think that they know what they are doing are really just playing with a bomb.

Metal is funny in the different way it reacts to stress but eventually if pushed beyond its intended properties stress fractures will start, culminating in a big surprise for the unlucky person pulling the trigger…

Call me later..
The Truth Is Not Always Good For Business!!
Unread 11-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Bronze Member
Re: 300 Varminter Completed (Pictures)

I just want to see the rifle in Wildcat's hands!
"And that law of the land which is constitutional, supporting that priciple of freedom in maintaining rights and privileges, belongs to ALL mankind..." -D&C 98:5-