Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

View Poll Results: 264 win mag or 7mm mag
264 win mag 105 39.62%
7mm rem mag 160 60.38%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

264 win mag vs. 7mm rem mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member

Re: 264 win mag vs. 7mm rem mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaho elk hunter View Post
If you remember, and and can comprehend, I was comparing a 7mm rem mag to a 300 win mag. You twist it around and start wanting to compare it to the 30-378.
Not true at all. I only mentioned the 30-378 when you wanted to support your statement with your larger cased 7.

I agree your original post was comparing the 7mm Rem to a 300 win. That is exactly what I have been saying all along.

Now you insinuate you may want to limit the available size of bullet for the 300 win. So yes, if you limit the 300 to the largest bullet (weight) available for the 7mm then that is a different deal. But if you use the largest bullets readily available for both I disagree that a 7mm REM will out pound a 300 win.

You don't like me because I challenge you on statements you make I do not agree with. Others feel the same and challenge you too. So in a sense the things you say about me are equally true about yourself.

We will see where it goes in the end. If I am wrong I will apologize, I have done it before. But when I feel I am right I will defend what I believe.

Think what you want of me. Post bad things, call names side in with the 2 or 3 of you as a group. Now who is standing his ground, and who is acting like the school boy they accused others of in earlier posts. For every one of you that choose to not like what I post, there are at least 10 to 20 that I have made personal friends with on this site. I wish you the same.

Jeff
Old 09-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Gold Member

IEH
Are all 174 post of yours similar to what I have read in this thread?
All I can say is OMAA
RMNS 8:28
Old 09-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Platinum Member

Delete.

It just wasn't worth it.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Not true at all. I only mentioned the 30-378 when you wanted to support your statement with your larger cased 7.

I agree your original post was comparing the 7mm Rem to a 300 win. That is exactly what I have been saying all along.

Now you insinuate you may want to limit the available size of bullet for the 300 win. So yes, if you limit the 300 to the largest bullet (weight) available for the 7mm then that is a different deal. But if you use the largest bullets readily available for both I disagree that a 7mm REM will out pound a 300 win.

You don't like me because I challenge you on statements you make I do not agree with. Others feel the same and challenge you too. So in a sense the things you say about me are equally true about yourself.

We will see where it goes in the end. If I am wrong I will apologize, I have done it before. But when I feel I am right I will defend what I believe.

Think what you want of me. Post bad things, call names side in with the 2 or 3 of you as a group. Now who is standing his ground, and who is acting like the school boy they accused others of in earlier posts. For every one of you that choose to not like what I post, there are at least 10 to 20 that I have made personal friends with on this site. I wish you the same.

Jeff
Jeff.. you just do not get it.. That's fine..But your opinion is the only one that's counts and you will argue it to the end. There is only on bullet, one caliber, one way to do things, and god forbid, someone else has a better proven way than Jeffs..my 71 yrs of experience and not to mention the family that I married into 46 yrs ago. You do not even know who I am or the capabilities that I have. I bet you petition the website to erase this thread, or ban me. I do not care.. YOUR WRONGE IN YOUR ADDITUDE!. I am off this site forever..Same stuff, ask questions different ways,, same answers in a different way, nothing new. sucks..
Old 09-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Jeff.. you just do not get it.. That's fine..But your opinion is the only one that's counts and you will argue it to the end. There is only on bullet, one caliber, one way to do things, and god forbid, someone else has a better proven way than Jeffs..my 71 yrs of experience and not to mention the family that I married into 46 yrs ago. You do not even know who I am or the capabilities that I have. I bet you petition the website to erase this thread, or ban me. I do not care.. YOUR WRONGE IN YOUR ADDITUDE!. I am off this site forever..Same stuff, ask questions different ways,, same answers in a different way, nothing new. sucks..
That is simply not true. If you believe that then you know very little about me too. I shoot many calibers. Sure I have my 3 favorites, and sure I have my preferences. Just like you. But that does not mean either of us should post wrong statements, that can be proven with math, and not get challenged on it. Does it?

And yes I know you married into the Weatherby family, that explains your love for Weatherby's. Congratulations on your 46 yrs. But does that make you always right or mean you are above me and I should let you post things without asking for proof?

Why don't you just enjoy this site and try to get along instead of stating things to stir the pot that are provable wrong and only your preferences. Maybe we could have some good conversations. I will listen to you, I am sure you have things I would like to hear.

Who's attitude is wrong?? You have tossed out insinuations slamming Kirby, Shawn and set out to drag me through the mud. WHY?? You have some members not liking your attitude and they are calling you on it. More each day. Now you just said, in so many words, this site "sucks" ?? But I have an attitude problem??

Stay or go I care less. But there are some great people on here if you give them a chance. Shawn and Kirby build great rifle and there are 100's on here to back that up. You are not the only one in the know.

Good day
Jeff
Old 10-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Silver Member

Hot spit fellas, it is hotter then rancher blood at wolf meeting in here! I read back through this mess and it appears that some posts have been deleted, ah bummer! I kind of get a kick out of someone else's ******* match!
Anyhow I have 2, 264wm that have not been fired in over 5 years and a 7mm RM that i have not used in a while. They have all done a lot of killing in the past, all are Winchester m70 and not really set up with optics to shoot further then 5-600 yards. My new toy is a 26-06.
Both are fine calibers, but my go to guns are 243, 26-06, and 300wm.
Happy hunting!

Ps if anybody wants to get in a shoot out with Broz, ya better be further then 2700 yards, I do know this.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
In what other ways can I support it? I gave the load,, everything.. Many of us on here are getting tired of you and your attitude. Go shoot what ever you want at the paper targets. Just do not aim at me.. I wont take it.
AGAIN if you want to support the fact of the superiority of the .308 to the 284 the take a average of all the boattail bullets in 140 gr to 180gr and compare! You can even go to the higher grains in the .308 if you wish.
If you remember, and and can comprehend, I was comparing a 7mm rem mag to a 300 win mag. You twist it around and start wanting to compare it to the 30-378.
If others want to see the demeanor of this stubborn (back at ya) feller check out the thread on Ted Nugget.. Many others are tired of him. I bet he believes a schoolbus is more aerodynamic than a Ferrari.
I don't remember you ever giving a load. All I remember is you rolling off some incredible velocities for a 7 RM in some special treated souped up barrel.

What exactly is your load? Powder, bullet, brass, primer... And what exactly is your rifle, barrel length and twist. And then let's run the numbers in a ballisitic calc and see what they say.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams