Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

A 2 bit Poacher Strikes Again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Gold Member

Re: A 2 bit Poacher Strikes Again

BTW your beloved MT F&G has alot to do with all the deer poached between Wolf Creek and Choteau,they allowed three guys to poach bucks and bulls for money for THREE YEARS while they collected evidence and purchased these poached racks through undercover wardens,they didnt nail them the first time they sold them a rack they let it go on for THREE years before they finally arrested them.At one guys house they recovered 24 4x4 or larger mule deer heads.Many of these bucks came off the Broken O ranch.All of these trophy animals wasted and they wont spend a day in jail,makes perfect sense to me,let them poach for THREE years then fine them and take away their hunting rights,they are broke ass bums who will never pay their fines off and they dont give a damn about hunting rights...MT F&G you kick ass!I wouldnt be bragging about being part of the solution if I was a MT F&G employee.
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks :: Craig Area Men Sentenced, Fined for Poaching
http://helenair.com/news/local/two-c...9bb2963f4.html

Old 09-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Silver Member

Wow, armchair quarterback much? The state is severly understaffed in alot of areas, including wardens, and is trying to do the best they can and all people can talk about is the one little tiny thing that might be important to them.
I am proud of the time i have put in for the FWP, both volunteer and as an employee. I also look forward to the day i can wear a badge as a Game Warden, it is all i have ever wanted to do. Your snide comments, while not offering to actually do anything show me very little.

News flash>>> Mule deer herds across the state are down, i seriously doubt that poaching has to do with the poor fawn recruitment we had from the record winter we had two years ago.
I have had no trouble finding plenty of mule deer around Choteau still, and i HIGHLY doubt hunters or poachers could make a dent in the number of deer up there, otherwise ranches wouldn't be losing hay to them, but you said they're all gone? I call BS there.

Your troll post is a wonderful way to rile people, but not really say or do much.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:07 PM
PUBLISHER

Deep breaths, everyone.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 429421Cowboy View Post
and i HIGHLY doubt poachers could make a dent in the number of deer up there
doesnt seem like the mindset of a very good warden(or makings of one). every animal poached is on less animal that can help reproduce for the next LEGAL hunter to come along
Old 09-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Silver Member

Well you can take my words out of context, while also ommitting the "hunters" out of my original statement which reads "hunters or poachers" and draw a conclusion about my potential as a warden if you like, it is your God-given internet right to pass judgment on whatever you like!

But to blame poachers for wiping out an entire county's deer population? A bit too far of a leap for me when you consider that the entire state is in a backslide of muley numbers due to biological reasons. This is why in most areas it is now not legal to shoot a doe muley on a general deer tag anymore, because the populations are surveyed and goals are set. Poachers are caught, hunters are regulated to maintain healthy population numbers, which leads me to say, i think it would be hard for poachers (who are caught) or hunters (who are regulated) to wipe out an entire region's deer population.
I own alot of land and manage wildlife (not just game animals) for the best possible ballance. I also have many years of training and work in range management (yes sometimes for the state) so i know a thing or two about managing wildlife and livestock together as well, so don't question me knowing the value of a single deer either. I also help run my school's student food bank, to which i also donate several deer to, and see the difference that even one pound of hamburger can make in someone's life. Don't tell me i don't know how many people a poached deer could have fed if it was used properly instead of left to rot in a field. So don't try and tell me a "dollars and cents" value for something that a price can't be put on.

This is a fine welcome to a young member to your site, i can really see why I'd reccomend it to other young shooters. Heck, you guys seem like you'd be happier if i dropped out of college and forgot about trying to be a warden. Think about how much money that would save!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 429421Cowboy View Post
Well you can take my words out of context, while also ommitting the "hunters" out of my original statement which reads "hunters or poachers" and draw a conclusion about my potential as a warden if you like, it is your God-given internet right to pass judgment on whatever you like!

But to blame poachers for wiping out an entire county's deer population? A bit too far of a leap for me when you consider that the entire state is in a backslide of muley numbers due to biological reasons. This is why in most areas it is now not legal to shoot a doe muley on a general deer tag anymore, because the populations are surveyed and goals are set. Poachers are caught, hunters are regulated to maintain healthy population numbers, which leads me to say, i think it would be hard for poachers (who are caught) or hunters (who are regulated) to wipe out an entire region's deer population.
I own alot of land and manage wildlife (not just game animals) for the best possible ballance. I also have many years of training and work in range management (yes sometimes for the state) so i know a thing or two about managing wildlife and livestock together as well, so don't question me knowing the value of a single deer either. I also help run my school's student food bank, to which i also donate several deer to, and see the difference that even one pound of hamburger can make in someone's life. Don't tell me i don't know how many people a poached deer could have fed if it was used properly instead of left to rot in a field. So don't try and tell me a "dollars and cents" value for something that a price can't be put on.

This is a fine welcome to a young member to your site, i can really see why I'd reccomend it to other young shooters. Heck, you guys seem like you'd be happier if i dropped out of college and forgot about trying to be a warden. Think about how much money that would save!
Dude, not worth getting that bent over. Definitely keep on track, both our Wardens are awesome guys and I spent time with them today talking over some issues we have in this area. Great guys and true hunters that take the brunt of a lot of BS that they have no control over. One of the guys I was with today just had an illegal guide and two clients walk away scot free, the Warden had pictures of the guide and clients in the act and had check copies from the bank and the judge just blew it of. There are some tools in FWP but there are some great guys also, I do everything I can to support the good guys we have down here!!! Some of the fines seem small but that is all they can get to stick, if they could get the max past the judge they would in a heart beat!!
We've had a serious problem with illegal outfitting in our area but the Wardens have to gather so much evidence and it has to be so strong just to get the wrist slap that to really smoke these guys it take some political pressure locally as well which has nothing to do with FWP, the judge has the final call!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Gold Member

Its a fact the F&G let this happen.I know for a fact that because of this "operation" the Broken O ranch trashed a plan they had to let hunters take some deer off a ranch that hadnt been hunted in years.They found these headless bucks scattered all over the ranch and the wealthy owner threw a fit putting the kybosh on any deer hunting they might have allowed.You better do some research before you spout off,you are obviously young but that doesn't excuse your ignorance if you plan on being a game warden.They ALLOWED these guys to poach,they paid them for the racks off the poached deer/elk,they let this go on for THREE YEARS.How many bucks and bulls do you think they took in THREE years of allowed poaching?Just like the big horn sheep fiasco where the "under cover game warden" shot a sheep in the breaks while trying to frame a guy for doing something illegal...their track record stinks.Im all for busting poachers and illegal outfitters but some of their "operations" are illegal in their own right,but they will never be prosecuted for this BS.
BTW if you cant handle a conflict of opinion you should probably just stick to facebook,we dont have to put up with arrogant plicks to "welcome" you.