Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

A 2 bit Poacher Strikes Again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member

A 2 bit Poacher Strikes Again

I don't now if this is the same guy, but I hope they catch his azz and bust him hard!!

From the Helena IR paper:

Poaching of elk near Townsend follows illegal killing of bighorn sheep

State officials are seeking the public’s help after a second poaching incident in less than a month near Townsend.
In the latest case, someone shot a bull elk southeast of Townsend and cut off its head, leaving the meat to rot.
“We’re thinking it was probably in the Sunday to Monday timeframe,” said Rob Aldridge, a game warden with Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks. “I think it was a pretty big bull, based on the body size. It would have been a heck of an animal for a legitimate hunter to take.
“It’s really a shame that this happened. It gives actual hunters and sportsmen a bad name, when they didn’t have anything to do with this.”
The poaching of the bull occurred about 25 days after someone illegally shot a bighorn ram and left the entire carcass west of Townsend. Aldridge said wardens were notified of the dead sheep Aug. 14, and found the 2-year-old ram on the Indian Creek lime plant property.
What was particularly devastating about the poaching was that the bighorn sheep herd in the Elkhorns is just starting to recover from a major die-off in the area from pneumonia.
“This ram had been born since then and survived all that,” Aldridge said. “He was healthy until people decided to shoot him and leave him lying there. Why someone would do that is something I just can’t understand.”
Aldridge said that anyone with information on either poaching incident should call 1-800-TIP-MONT. Callers may remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward; typically it’s up to $1,000, but it may be even more in these cases.
“We really need help from the public, particularly with the sheep,” Aldridge said. “We don’t have as much information as we would like to have at this point.”
Old 09-19-2012, 12:06 AM
Platinum Member

Re: A 2 bit Poacher Strikes Again

Nothing surprises me any more. You read and hear crap like that and you just wonder in amazement. Hopefully one of his "good buddies" will turn him in and then a good old oak tree with a 30 foot rope will do.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 09-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Banned

There are bulls poached in 380 every year,they caught the guy from last year...\

http://helenair.com/news/local/man-g...9bb2963f4.html
Old 09-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
Hopefully one of his "good buddies" will turn him in and then a good old oak tree with a 30 foot rope will do.

Randy
I agree no punishment is to steep for those kinda people.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Banned

Nope they get probation and a small fine
Old 09-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Silver Member

Can't stand people like that, i just don't get what makes them tick. Sometimes i wonder if they could tell the difference between a person and a critter if all they care about is watching something hit the ground.
Used to see reports of dead mule deer slaughtered around Choteau but now it seems like they have been getting that stopped. And i know for a fact that sickos that do that don't care one bit if it's a deer or one of my calves thay can shoot from the road, because that has happened more than once.

Part of the reason i decided to become part of the solution and am going to school to be a Game Warden now. (GO CATS!)
Old 09-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 429421Cowboy View Post
Can't stand people like that, i just don't get what makes them tick. Sometimes i wonder if they could tell the difference between a person and a critter if all they care about is watching something hit the ground.
Used to see reports of dead mule deer slaughtered around Choteau but now it seems like they have been getting that stopped. And i know for a fact that sickos that do that don't care one bit if it's a deer or one of my calves thay can shoot from the road, because that has happened more than once.

Part of the reason i decided to become part of the solution and am going to school to be a Game Warden now. (GO CATS!)
Thats because mostof the MD around there are dead.......