Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

19,000 deadly islamic attacks since 9/11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 19,000 deadly islamic attacks since 9/11

I read several articles there. Gotta say I'm not seeing much difference between wht their saying and and the Islamists. Still blaming the worlds problems on everybody else and alluding to that their right the other guy is wrong.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 01-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Gold Member

19,000 may not be a stretch. 2256 rocket attacks launched at Israel alone in 2012 (Wikipedia). There's been a war going on all that time and it's a big world.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
What do you mean by this ?
I was being a smarty pants, let me rephrase that being more politically correct:
Yes, I read it and several other articles.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
I read several articles there. Gotta say I'm not seeing much difference between wht their saying and and the Islamists. Still blaming the worlds problems on everybody else and alluding to that their right the other guy is wrong.
As for the reports or articles not all are his but most of his comments are backed by the Bible ! What bothers me is how you pretty much looked over a major threat . And then compared an avangelist to a muslim? Oh well every one has his own opinion ......

The huge difference between and Avangelist and a Muslim is we train up our kids to be missionaries send them to other countries to preach the Gospel (The good news ) For God so Loved the world (ALL) John 3:16 and Americans . But the Muslim brain washes his kids to believe that you and I are infidels and that ALL Infidels should die . Again we preach the gospel and the Muslim preaches death to all Infidels !
Old 01-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Gold Member

We are still in the Crusades! It's 2:36 left in Third Qt.

Stock up.

That is all.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
As for the reports or articles not all are his but most of his comments are backed by the Bible ! What bothers me is how you pretty much looked over a major threat . And then compared an avangelist to a muslim? Oh well every one has his own opinion ......

The huge difference between and Avangelist and a Muslim is we train up our kids to be missionaries send them to other countries to preach the Gospel (The good news ) For God so Loved the world (ALL) John 3:16 and Americans . But the Muslim brain washes his kids to believe that you and I are infidels and that ALL Infidels should die . Again we preach the gospel and the Muslim preaches death to all Infidels !
You should probably understand that I'm Agnostic, and when I look at an issue I try to step back and look at it from angles that don't represent my feelings or position. What I read in those articles, and the way it was presented appeared to me to be very much we're right your wrong and that's that.

No I didn't over look the threat, like every thing else I took it with a grain of salt and after reading through the sight it turned out to be a pretty big grain of salt. Don't like my opinion that's fine by me you don't have to, but don't try to interperate what I say, you will get it wrong as it is my nature to try to say exactly what I mean.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 01-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
You should probably understand that I'm Agnostic, and when I look at an issue I try to step back and look at it from angles that don't represent my feelings or position.
I think objectivity is crucial to have any real belief in anything. I personally think those who are raised to believe one thing or another can be at a major disadvantage. Believing or not believing something because your were immersed in a culture at a very early age is akin to brainwashing, which is difficult to admit yet overcome. If at some point, you haven't questioned what you think, you're probably not in a position to take a real stand on it. I don't think however, you can ride the fence forever. That's just something that I believe. Keep looking for the truth in things.