Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

15 y/o - 1385 yards. A Great Day!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Platinum Member

Re: 15 y/o - 1385 yards. A Great Day!

Eaglet & William,

GOOD GOIN' Also you started a good thread.

Ian, Eaglet may have known that jargon but I didn't. Thanks. Now another piece of paper to keep track of. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

BB, There ain't nothin' more pleasurable to shoot than Genius Dubious Basaltous [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Platinum Member

Ian M,

[ QUOTE ]
Please excuse if you know this stuff already.

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely nothing to excuse, as I was writing the post I was thinking and hoping someone would help us in explaining how to communicate more properly between spotter and shooter. Here you come to the rescue which I very highly appreciate and do need. Thank you!!! Any more comments on that will be very welcome. William and I will study it, and definitely will use it. Thank you!

buffalobob,

[ QUOTE ]
Now you need to find something a little more exciting than a rock to shoot at.

[/ QUOTE ]
You’re right my friend, just let us have more practice on rocks (they’re cheap) and on paper. But the Lord willing we will find something more exiting and at shorter ranges. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks.

d-a,
Please forgive my ignorance, I looked for the word "Lunarlopes" and could not find its meaning. Is it like antelopes in the moon? not trying to be funny... LOL. Seriouly I don't know what that is. Thank you d-a!

Fiftydriver,
Thank you! I appreciate your comments. One can only think it would be much easier using a 7mm AM. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ss7mm,
Thanks for your comments. We are having fun. William is also, of course, helping me with the reloading and he’s understanding the process to make quality ammo.

xphunter,
I agree, it is a blessing being with them kids when they like being with you! Gracias!

Roy in Idaho,
I did not know it. I sure can and will use it! Thank you Roy!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 06-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Platinum Member

Ian M,
In the shooting dialog between shooter and spotter, how do I properly express elevation and windage using MOA's? For example let's say we need to go 16 MOA's + 3 clicks up and <font color="blue"> 3 MOA's + 2 clicks Left </font> Would I express it by saying "Elevation 16 3" "Windage 3 2 Left"?
Thanks in advance for all info.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Platinum Member

Spotter would say, "Put on 16 1/2 elevation, 4 1/2 left." Shooter returns with "16 1/2 up, 4 1/2 left" so we know the adjustments are correct. Depending on which of my partners I am calling for, I might have to also say - "Clockwise is left, you just put on right wind!" Truth is they have to say that to me also [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks!

Old 06-27-2006, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eaglet,
We mark the following info for each shot, Elevation, Windage, Call, Hit in a vertical column, plus mark the impact location in a little box. We also note wind, light, temps etc. at the top of the page. I made up a simple 8 1/2 by 11 page that we Xerox to keep track of about 40-50 shots per page. Keep a ring-binder for this.
Please excuse if you know this stuff already.
You are very lucky to have a great buddy-partner.

[/ QUOTE ]
You wouldn't happen to have that form in a "Word" or "Excel" document would you? I'd like very much to see what you are using.

I keep records of each load, by caliber and by firearm, and I think this would be a fine record to keep, especially when working up new loads or trying them at various ranges/conditions.

WE
Old 06-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Silver Member

Eaglet,
You are right that is a long ways. Especially for a fifteen year old. Send my congrats to him he is on his way to being a loooooong range shooter. Good on 'em, and good on you for sharing this wonderful sport with him.
Brandon