Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Your pick 7mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Your pick 7mm

Who's time is almost over???

Screw that!!! I am a law-abiding citizen with a clean record.

But if they make owning guns illegal...On that day, I will officially become an outlaw.

My guns are to feed me, protect me, and to enjoy shooting. I legally bought them, paid for them, and I own them. And ain't no greedy stupid liberal POS gonna get their grubby hands on them!

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaho elk hunter
I can tell you the 7mm Rem is hard to beat. Some loading books have it loaded down to 7-08 velocities and you can work 180 gr loads up to almost 3100. It can be downloaded to be great for a small child or loaded up to out pound a 300 win mag. its about choosing the right bullet off of strength and capability ( not BC) and shot placement. !

Once again I am not talking about your rifle creation. I have never seen it so how can I doubt it? But again the above quote is what I would like you to back up with factual data.

It is these kind of statements from you that so often I do not agree with and would like you to confirm it.

So again I will ask. What is your load in a factory 7mm REM that you talked about in your quoted statement above with a 180 that will go 3100 fps, and will "out pound" a factory chambered 300 win with a 215 Berger at 3K plus?

The 215 / 300 win load has been duplicated many times on this board by more than a few members. I have worked with some of these rifle too. So I know my personal rig is not a fluke. I have a couple high quality chrono's to test with and have confirmed drops. Now can you support what you stated earlier?

Jeff
Old 08-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
The 195 gr bullet has a shorter bearing surface than the 180 VLD.
I guess I should clarify... When I say "180" I'm referring to the the Hybrid and not the VLD. I would find it extraordinary if the 195 EOL had a shorter bearing surface than the Hybrid. the VLD bearing surface is .541 vs the Hybrid at .459 That is a big difference. Berger has stretched the hybrids as far as they can be stretched. I don't think there is a better form factor. The only way to improve it would be to make the core more dense.

Do you know the bearing surface length of the EOL?

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 08-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member

.502"
Old 08-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Platinum Member

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Duerr View Post
I asked the question everyone else beat it to death
Yup, that's stirring the pot...

Quote:
but then thats why we are all here. If we all shot the same Caliber and had the same views and experiances this sight would have faded away. Thats what makes if fun, long after we are all gone people will, hopefully, still be sitting around campfires discussing all of this again.
Arguing gets old... believe it or not

Quote:
The Judge rulled that their was consensual sex and that the 14 year old was aware of what was happening. However 49 and 14, the mother of the 14 year old when hearing the sentence had to be romoved from the court room as she kept yelling "this sucks" I dont blame her .........since her daughter committed suicide two years later. As for the judge and the teacher they should have been stung up that night. I dont know what its going to take to take back our country, I have a feeling that its pretty much gone and there is no turning back.......

Yeah, I found the story. The judge should at least resign. As for stringing the guy up, I don't know, I could make a better judgement if I had all the details. I've made my opinion known as far as forced/violent rape is concerned.

Quote:
We have "Burning Man" gonig on in our area.................40,000 people that get to gether out on the plya and do what ever they want ..............you can't even imagine what goes on out there. I have never been out there but people who have say that your imagination cant comprehend the vile filth that goes on.
Those of us on this sight are a dying breed and our time enjoying what we love is almost over.

G
That sounds pretty sick... we may be a minority, but there are others growing up to fill our shoes.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 08-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
.502"
Is this 195 7mm bullet in production, or still on the drawing boards - in design and testing phase?

Update: I just found my answer in this Thread - Berger .277 EOL Extreme Heavy Hybrid 170 Grain.

See post #341.

Last edited by phorwath; 08-29-2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Just found the answer - see link above^
Old 08-30-2013, 09:11 AM
Gold Member

Your 49 and you have sex with a 14 year old thats Rape................for anyone.

Dont ask a question and you will never stir the Pot......................

As Gun owners its just a matter of time until we all become Felons. You either turn your guns in or go to jail. They will freze your assets ................We are heading in the same direction as Germany under Hitler. We dont have a democracy anymore but a Communits one party system run by a dictator.

As much as we want to beleive that we are law abinding people, right now it wont be long and we will become felons ..................Somehow we want to beleive that its our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms but our leaders dont give a rats ass about the Constitution that so many of us fought for ............The Constitution is Dead and so is the Second amendment............its just a matter of time ................a very short time.