Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Your pick 7mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Your pick 7mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Oh boy..Yippi , here we go again...

Jeff
Nope, not this time Jeff. I'm gonna step away from this before another thread gets ruined.

He asked about 7mm, so I gave my answer to the best of my knowledge....Though limited as it is as far as elk go, if guys can kill a Sambar @ 600+ with 7mm RemMags I would naturally assume that you can kill an elk with one at that distance. Not to mention our other member who killed a huge moose @ 9xx yards with a 7mm RemMag. Just my gathered opinion, that it IS possible, be-it, or be-it-not the best or most efficient caliber option available for the job.

If the other guy wants to jump in with a bigger is better post that derails the OP's question, then I will have no part of it, simply because I won't be blamed for derailing the thread and causing another ruckus.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:59 PM
Gold Member

Come on Jeff, jump in
Old 08-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Gold Member

So whats going on in Billings? I thought Montana had nothing but hard core conservatives living there.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Silver Member

What about a 7mm Dakota???
Old 08-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Duerr View Post
So whats going on in Billings? I thought Montana had nothing but hard core conservatives living there.
???

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 08-29-2013, 07:50 AM
Platinum Member

Greg,

This is the 3rd or 4th thread you've started on this subject and you got a lot of feed back on the others. It seems to me you are just stirring the pot.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 08-29-2013, 08:01 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax1800 View Post
What about a 7mm Dakota???
I am lucky enough to have about every 7mm made. Wildcat and factory. I can tell you the 7mm Rem is hard to beat. Some loading books have it loaded down to 7-08 velocities and you can work 180 gr loads up to almost 3100. It can be downloaded to be great for a small child or loaded up to out pound a 300 win mag. its about choosing the right bullet off of strength and capability ( not BC) and shot placement. This is true with ANY caliber or cartridge. Some internet warriors want to just talk about it and not do anything in the field. Many people on here have never done IT or experienced IT but sure give armchair advise on IT. I believe this is what Jeff was referring to.." oh boy here we go again". Its easy to pick the B.S. out when you actually live it. When you do you actually learn the high velocity super duper mags that one sponsor of this forum makes actually will blow most bullets apart and not cleanly kill game! He sure is "famous" on this forum and the internet. By manufactures and bullet maker he is laughed at. He is a perfect example of bigger isn't better but armchair bandits make it glorified. NOW GO LIVE THE LIFE!