Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Yanked on the trigger today.. RESULTS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2005, 05:29 PM

Yanked on the trigger today.. RESULTS

Longshot Rifles A5 308
2 - 5 shot groups fired back top back
550 yards
41.7 grs Varget / 175 SMK / 2550 fps

Longshot Rifles A5 300wm
550 yards
74.0 grs H1000 / 220 SMK / 2835 fps

Old 02-26-2005, 08:17 PM

Re: Yanked on the trigger today.. RESULTS

Impresive indeed. Just another reason for me to get "OVER EXCITED" for my LSR 6.5-284. Hey Ric..Next time you post photos..Put something in the pic for scale. Someone might really get an appreciation for the group size.

Just a thought

Joe
Old 02-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member

Those groups are huge , I can't believe that you posted that nonsence on here , for god sake that must be like a 4" group or something

What would be impressive is if you could do that shooting from prone at around 500yds or so.

Just kidding Ric that is impressive , I figured that you had all but abandoned your lil old 308 for the new 300
Old 02-26-2005, 09:20 PM

Now boys.. all ya gotta do is ask....

Joe I spent the afternoon las t week watching Mr. Longshot do his thing... simply incredibly interesting... tha man knows what he's doing....

JD.... yeah man.. I know ... face in the dirt...550 yards.. 10 mph wind... mirage... a fixed 10X scope...all that crap.... but hey I'm working on it....

man I love that 308.... still my "goto" rifle.. Ihate it hough .. actually boring.. just point and shoot... bang ding.. bang ding... LOL!!!!!

here ya go guys....

Old 02-27-2005, 03:11 AM
Gold Member

Ric, did you blow ALL your money on rifles and scopes?
Looks like you stole that "target" from a kindergarten art class, Bro!!...sakofan... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Good shootin!!!
Old 02-27-2005, 06:12 AM

Ric

I envy you being able to watch the master at work. And another thing. The guy has the patience of a saint. I swear I must of called and emailed him a million times.."Can I do this..Will you do that" Funny thing...Everything I asked he already knew to do!!

Soon..I'll be posting as impresive groups with my LSR. Shooter able of course [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BTW..Thanks for the quarters in the pics. I knew the groups were impresive...But showing the wife, she had a look on her face like big deal, until she saw the quarters and I explained the range.

Joe
Old 02-27-2005, 07:54 AM

sako fan....

yeah yeah... I get that crap all the time... ;-)
I figure why spend money on pre printed targets.. no-one really makes one the way I want anyway.... so I just go buy a huge tablet of white paper and play with my crayons.... just seems to work out better....

I get sooo much crap from everyone that I decided ...hell maybe its my trademark now... ;-)

Len offered to set up a fund for me a while back... I guess the fund raiser never worked out.... :-(