Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Wyatts Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Silver Member

Wyatts Box

Need your help guys. I am rebarreling my 300 ultra mag and thinking about going to a wyatts style mag box. Heres the problem, I have no experience with these so have no idea what to order. I would like a internal mag if they make one. Can anyone help me with a model or which one to order? Looking for more OAL and I know these can get it for me.

Thanks to all!!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Silver Member

Re: Wyatts Box

I believe you can order an extended internal box that will work well with heavy 30 cal bullets. I have one in my edge. I believe that you can load up to 3.990 oal rounds. I believe it is a cfe-9. To use, you will have to remove a little material form front of mag well area on your receiver.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Silver Member

When I had my sendero 300RUM I put the wyatt extended magazine in my gun. I am not real experienced either and it was easy. Do you have a dremel?
You will also have to modify your bolt stop, but again very easy. I still have all the instructions. If you would like me to email them to you I can. Shoot me a PM with your email addy.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Silver Member

Thanks fellas....I understand that the Seekins product might be better. You get more OAL. Anyone using these?
Old 08-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member

Here ya go... get the center feed kit.

CFE-5 Magazine Box, WYATT'S OUTDOOR, INC.

If you want to seat the 230 Berger Hybrids with base of bearing surface at the shoulder/neck junction, you'll need about a .300 throat. That said, you'll not be able to get very close to the lands with other bullets in that throat.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 08-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublezranch View Post
Thanks fellas....I understand that the Seekins product might be better. You get more OAL. Anyone using these?
I don't believe you'll need any more COAL than what the Wyatts will give you.

The length to shoulder/neck junction is 2.544 plus the length of the 230 bearing surface and nose is 1.400 for a total COAL of 2.944

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 08-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Silver Member

I do shoot the 230 targets. However, If something better on the market comes along, I'd like to try them as well. What is your suggestion on making this as accurate with the 230 as possible, but still being able to use other bullets and get them close to the lans?