Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Winchester 70 & FN SPR owners... PT&G's new DBM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 06:30 AM
Silver Member

Winchester 70 & FN SPR owners... PT&G's new DBM

Have a Winchester 70 or a FN SPR and want a no mod DBM with the quality of AI, or how about getting closer to the lands than what the factory mag will allow...

PTG's new win70/FN SPR DBM
https://shop.pacifictoolandgauge.com...p244ion1dkcit7

It dropped right into my floor plate inlet. I may have to remove a little bedding (user applied) from the previous hinged floorplate to get it to feed 100% as it looks like the rim of the cartridges in the mag need to come up a little to fully engage the bolt face every time. That should be an easy fix and I bet had I not bedded the previous floor plate it would be good to go.

The short throat in this rifle (Winchester stealth 308 placed in a FN SPR a1 take off stock) coupled with the OAL the magazine will accept (2.9+ uses AI AE mk1 mags) will make running long nosed VLD's into or just off the lands (shooter's choice) a piece of cake.

I may just take this rifle to Montana this year and leave the 260 at home... teamed up with JLK's 180gr LB-VLD (got to love it's .580g1) it would be bad medicine on Mule Deer and Coyote.