Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Wilcat Bullets...Why haven't BC's been posted?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member
Re: Wilcat Bullets...Why haven\'t BC\'s been posted?

Kirby And with just the right amount of non-diplomacy! Could have used a little more ďnonĒ though.

If itís Lerchís time, or BJís time your wasting, itís o.k. If itís on mine then get back to work. Only kidding. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

================================================== ===========================================

You have proven the extent ?? of your knowledge and have decided to take this thread to a level, and in a manner in which I will not participate.

Iíve written and deleted several posts in response but since this only degrades the forum, Iím done. Len, Dave or Ian will probably shoot us now. You do what you want and Iíll continue to use the ďhawkedĒ Kirby magnums and the ďclaimingĒ Wildcat bullets. I do have other brands of bullets on the shelf, but itís strange how those others all have dust on them.

Good for you dude. Glad to see you didnít pass up an opportunity or two to get in your digs at Richard. Feel better now?

I think Iíll go order some more Wildcats. Damn, I hope thereís at least some writing on the box this time.

Unread 07-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Gold Member

if you weren't such dinks to Richard he would more then be willing to send you all the bullets you wanted for testing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree hole hardily, He is his own boss and doesent have to sell to people he doesnt want to.
Unread 07-19-2005, 04:09 PM

Scientific data my redneck butt,

If Kirby can take the drop data he has used to figure a BC with and use it to hit rockchuck at 1100 yds with. Its damn good enough for me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think some people here need to take their midol and come back tommorrow in a better mood.
Steve Elmenhorst
Third Generation Shooting Supply
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Unread 07-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Gold Member

Well said everyone!
I have done tests on these bullets and my results have fell in line with nearly every other person to test them and that is they <u>FLAT OUT SHOOT!!</u>
Now lets stop all the pot stirring and thats what I see here just like some of the coppermelt posts ( not all of them ) I have seen. When people believe in a product and have used it for themselves and find it to be a damn good one we tend to get a little frazzeled when someone calls BS about it.
I have read many more good posts about Richards bullets than bad ones and not only on this forum so it's not just a couple of people who use them and <u>PIMP</u> them out just to <u>HAWK</u> their own products.
What everyone is saying is if your not satisfied with no <u>REAL</u> BC data from Richard then either test them for yourself or don't use them it probably wont make a rats hind end to Richard or anyone else either way you do it.

This post is not directed at anyone so please don't take it personal. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Guns and ammo, what more do we need?
Unread 07-19-2005, 05:40 PM

I'm gonna clear the air between me and you right now....I never made a negative comment about your buddy .. I actually gave him one..

Don't get so damn defensive over nothing...

AM I wrong in the comment that anytime you buy a box of bullets you have never shot in your rifle that you are running the risk that they will not shoot well in your rifle???

[/ QUOTE ]

No you are not wrong.. when did I imply you were? This statement literally has nothing to do with what I said...

It does not matter the make of the bullet there is always that risk that you may be wasting your time and money on testing a new bullet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup you are right again....

I just do not understand your reasoning here. Its not like the Wildcat Bullets are extremely expensive, only slightly more then comparible weight Sierra MKs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will tell you the same thing I told Richard...

I get 1/4 MOA from both my .30 Cal rifles shooting SMK's I don't really need to waste the time or money to test these bullets if they cannot significantly improve what I am already doing.
Right now I doubt they will be more accurate. However, I would be willing to burn the powder if the B.C. of these bullets will significantly increase my effective range.

read my post .. I said "I am not bitching, just stating facts"

I don't have time at my leisure to complete my work as you do.. you have time to test all your new rifles wildcat catridges and such.. thats what you do... then you post here to solicite business, fine I have no problem with that.

BUT, this time of year I do not have the leisure or abilty to take 8 hours to run tests on bullets I am not sure will improve what I have...
Am I lazy ( as some here have implied ) No, I am not a lazy person. I probobly accomplish more by 10 a.m. than most here do all day... so it has nothing to do with being lazy...

re-read thats what I said.. My time is money during our 4 month season and I cannot afford to waste my time=money.

With all the boasting you do.. you would think a simple question such as .. "does anyone have real B.C.'s of these bullets," would have solicited a more professional reply from the person who talks about them the most.

All I was asking was real world B.C.'s of the .30 cals.. nothing more nothing less.

My intentions again, were not to insult anyone or get under your skin .. I just wanted some information as I am sure many others here did... I have been on this board damn near since its start I think... you're relatively new... lighten up.. you should be happy.. this board has made you money...
Unread 07-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Gold Member

in the amount of time spent bickering about these bullets you could have found all the info you want about these bullet here on this site. [ QUOTE ]
I ordered my first box a week ago today.
225gr ULDRBBT in .308
Richard said bc should be around .740
to put that in prespective...
Berger 210gr .640
SMK 220gr .655
Smk 240gr .711

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> Notice it said should be; that is close enough to get any one started doing their own tests.
Unread 07-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Platinum Member

Abinok. Go back and read my stance in the posts you reffer to. Your fight is not with me.
GRAVITY. It's not just a good idea. It's the LAW!