Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Wichita Arms???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Bronze Member

Wichita Arms???

Hey fellas. I was at the local Cabelas and found a rifle made by Wichita Arms. It was a 7mm RM sporter. The thing weighed at least ten pounds. Just curious about it as I've never seen that brand before. They wanted about $3k if I recall correctly. It was in the gun gallery at Cabelas with some other fancy looking guns. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:47 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Wichita Arms???

They are rather big in the silhouette pistol game. I've never owned one of their toys though.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Wichita Arms???

They were big in the silhouette pistol market and they made a hell of a rifle as well about thirty years ago.

They had some really nice looking smooth operating stuff and tried to make it in the production rifle business but for the times they were way expensive and had a very limited market. Needless to say they shut the doors.

They still have a small office a couple of blocks away from where I am right now where they still sell parts etc. for their rifle rest (which is a very nice one). I say "they" I don't think it's more than a one man operation anymore.

They do have a website though www.wichitaarms.com