Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics


The thread is closed

Why not lazzeroni rifles?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #50  
Old 09-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Elkhorn Idaho
Posts: 374
Re: Why not lazzeroni rifles?

I have owned no less than six of these rifles and can say when I sold them it was people coming to me to purchase them. The only ONE that I was disappointed in was the 338 Titan. The commercial cartridge that competes with it is the 338-378 Weatherby. I know the buzz right now is the EDGE, But seriously the Edge and its creator is not even in the same category as John Lazzeroni. In order to comment on this one would have to own both. People need to quit being armchair bandits and do not comment unless you have experience on Lazzeroni Rifles. ABSOLUTLY Great rifles.
It took Ed Weatherby many years to get his product noticed. Many cut him down also stating that he built inaccurate barrel burners. Lazzeroni is the next step in our beloved sport. Lets try to build him up and not cut him down. With Lazzeroni and Weaherby out there I have no idea why others are even in Business for those of us that love to reload and shoot long distance.
  #51  
Old 09-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Carey, Idaho
Posts: 1,016
Re: Why not lazzeroni rifles?

"I know the buzz right now is the EDGE, But seriously the Edge and its creator is not even in the same category as John Lazzeroni. In order to comment on this one would have to own both."

Well, I am going to comment anyway being that I do not have or ever will have a Lazzeroni. For you to make the blanket statement that the creator of the edge is not in the same category as John Lazzeroni is simply your opinion and in my opinion, not accurate. I also am pretty sure that there are a lot of folks on this site that would disagree with you. They are both gunsmiths and designers of different products. I am sure that John makes a good product but so does Shawn. I would never own a Lazzeroni mainly because of expense, and other things and I am way turned off on his marketing.

Randy
__________________
"Every man has a purpose---------mine is to be behind a rifle.........."

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
  #52  
Old 09-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gillette, WY
Posts: 2,649
Re: Why not lazzeroni rifles?

[quote=cdherman;845589]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazzInc View Post

I did not start this thread, QUOTE]


Then why do you keep bumping it, after its been dead for months or years?

Sorry, all. Could not listen to my own advice to ignore this fellow. But when attacks get personal, well I can hit back just fine.

Mr. Lazzeroni -- you seem to spend a lot of time online, instead of working on an affordable product. Perhaps you'd do better concentrating on the latter...


I'm pretty sure you started the attack. Had I been in John's place, the inclination would be to tell you to stuff it just as he did. Some people don't like that mentality, especially in a sponsor/business owner; I understand that as well. To me & the fence post, to see a little backbone is a welcome relief.

As a site sponsor, he'd be pretty dumb not to try to recover the cost of his sponsorship by advertising, that's what it's for.

Who decides what is affordable & what is not? That is up to the individual pondering the options, no one else.

t
__________________
"I, however, view ethics as an individual decision. My ethics are mine - and I won't explain or justify them to anyone else. I seek nobody's approval, just that of my own conscience. "

  #53  
Old 09-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,888
Re: Why not lazzeroni rifles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varminator 911 View Post
Why not? Maybe it's the $5500-7000 price tag. Well lets see,
would I rather have two custom built or one lazzeroni???
THIS!!! ^^^^^ is exactly why I don't own one. I'd love to have a JLazz custom, and I've talked to John on here before, and he is a really nice guy who knows his stuff. But I am limited by my monetary status, and that doens't look like it's going to change anytime soon (which really sucks, BTW). And it is for that reason only, that I dont have one of his rifles. Because I have heard excellent things about his gun quality and calibers being incredibly accurate, yet blistering in speed.

Brass and components are also pretty expensive...$70 for a box of 20 7.82 Warbird brass, is a little steep for me to swing. I know, 7mmSTW brass is about the same...And the only reason I have some Nosler STW brass is because I picked up 3 bags of factory 2nds (visual blems) for $35 a bag vs $75 for a bag of 25.

I want a 7.82 Warbird bad...But with component prices I doubt that'll ever happen. Almost got a 7.82 Warbird Sendero SF (rechambered) barrel on ebay a little while back, but lost by $2.50... I was pretty diappointed, as I have always been intrigued by the 7.82 WB, and I thought my dreams were gonna come true finally.

For $200 for a 7.82 Warbird Sendero SF barrel with a Vais brake on it, I would have gladly bought 20 brass and a die set. LOL
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
  #54  
Old 09-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Elkhorn Idaho
Posts: 374
Re: Why not lazzeroni rifles?

[quote=Outlaw6.0;846400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdherman View Post



I'm pretty sure you started the attack. Had I been in John's place, the inclination would be to tell you to stuff it just as he did. Some people don't like that mentality, especially in a sponsor/business owner; I understand that as well. To me & the fence post, to see a little backbone is a welcome relief.

As a site sponsor, he'd be pretty dumb not to try to recover the cost of his sponsorship by advertising, that's what it's for.

Who decides what is affordable & what is not? That is up to the individual pondering the options, no one else.

t
Some people want to go to Kmart and pick up a $250 dollar gun. And think they can tune it to 1/4 moa! Get on this site ask questions if it wont do it and complain if a great quality manufacture gives it to them but of course they have to pay for it. You get what you pay for! SOME DO NOT GET IT!
  #55  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,888
Re: Why not lazzeroni rifles?

[quote=idaho elk hunter;846760]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
Some people want to go to Kmart and pick up a $250 dollar gun. And think they can tune it to 1/4 moa! Get on this site ask questions if it wont do it and complain if a great quality manufacture gives it to them but of course they have to pay for it. You get what you pay for! SOME DO NOT GET IT!
Yep. That's the truth. I dropped $400 on a used 700 .338 WinMag that won't shoot 2 MOA @ 100 yards...Was I upset, not really, there's always a Plan B (rebarrel).

Anyone who buys a $250 rifle combo and expects it to shoot 1 MOA is either A) crazy or B) stupid.
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
  #56  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gillette, WY
Posts: 2,649
Re: Why not lazzeroni rifles?

[quote=MudRunner2005;846770]
Quote:
Originally Posted by idaho elk hunter View Post
Yep. That's the truth. I dropped $400 on a used 700 .338 WinMag that won't shoot 2 MOA @ 100 yards...Was I upset, not really, there's always a Plan B (rebarrel).

How in the world did that quote turn up with my name on it? Not that I disagree


t
__________________
"I, however, view ethics as an individual decision. My ethics are mine - and I won't explain or justify them to anyone else. I seek nobody's approval, just that of my own conscience. "

The thread is closed

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: Why not lazzeroni rifles?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has anyone run across a Lazzeroni? Magnum61 Long Range Hunting & Shooting 2 09-17-2010 02:53 PM
WTS lazzeroni learning Guns For Sale 2 01-25-2010 11:30 PM
Lazzeroni ??? asfornea Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics 0 11-08-2009 12:51 AM
.22 cal lazzeroni? tbrown9124 Equipment Discussions 1 11-30-2008 09:29 PM
Lazzeroni Rifles smoak Long Range Hunting & Shooting 1 03-29-2003 06:20 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC