Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

The thread is closed

Why not lazzeroni rifles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Silver Member

Re: Why not lazzeroni rifles?

no question that Lazzeroni rifles are priced beyond what many shooters are willing or able to pay for a hunting rifle ,,,

but at point in your life you might want to purchase a bolt-action hunting rifle that is built without compromise, a rifle that I believe is the very best built anywhere in the world ,,,

when that day comes, you are ready for a LAZZERONI ,,,

I have a new "Build-Your-Own-Lazzeroni-Rifle" app download on the Lazz website at www.Lazzeroni.com that is kind fun to play with ,,,
</SPAN>
Old 10-11-2012, 05:11 PM

Lazzeroni Inc. has been around for quite a while and clearly the business model has been working, so hats off to John.

I understand that throwing a bullet down range at high speeds will make for a higher MPBR. The advantages of a high MPBR in the field are pretty obvious.

However...

"All Lazzeroni rifles (except calibers .416 and larger) are guaranteed to shoot minute of angle or less to 600+ yards with proper bullet/scope selection or they do not leave our factory."
A $6,000 Lazz + $2,200 Schmidt & Bender + $130 box of ammo...
I am going to be irritated if I can't do any better than a 6.282" group at 600 yards...
Who is manufacturing the: Barrels, Stocks, Receivers...????
"...every single part used to build the Lazzeroni rifle is THE BEST available"
Are you using McMillan stocks, Hart barrels, Nesika or Borden actions etc. etc.
If not, who are you using and please explain why they are better than those listed above?
Thank you for your time!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagongshow View Post
Lazzeroni Inc. has been around for quite a while and clearly the business model has been working, so hats off to John.

I understand that throwing a bullet down range at high speeds will make for a higher MPBR. The advantages of a high MPBR in the field are pretty obvious.

However...

"All Lazzeroni rifles (except calibers .416 and larger) are guaranteed to shoot minute of angle or less to 600+ yards with proper bullet/scope selection or they do not leave our factory."
A $6,000 Lazz + $2,200 Schmidt & Bender + $130 box of ammo...
I am going to be irritated if I can't do any better than a 6.282" group at 600 yards...
Who is manufacturing the: Barrels, Stocks, Receivers...????
"...every single part used to build the Lazzeroni rifle is THE BEST available"
Are you using McMillan stocks, Hart barrels, Nesika or Borden actions etc. etc.
If not, who are you using and please explain why they are better than those listed above?
Thank you for your time!
Are you inferring that the Manufacturers you listed are in fact, the best? Are there not MANY top tier manufacturers of components that are arguably all high end, high quality? I ask because your question to Lazzeroni is nebulous. What if he says he uses Brux barrels? Are they the "best" in your opinion? Does your opinion matter to Lazzeroni rifle development? I have owned a couple of them, I can assure you they are top notch, high quality, well built long rifles. As good as any Ive seen, better than most. On par with all the custome smith work I have seen to date excepting perhaps some high end doubles and tropical rifles.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:19 PM

Kenny,

I was just using examples of manufacturers that I know of who make top quality components. I'm absolutely not trying to argue that McMillan stocks or Hart, Krieger, Brux, Shilen barrels are the best etc. etc. etc. They are all very good; I think we can agree on that.

What John has said is that he is using the best parts available. (Obviously Lazz is using very good materials, otherwise he would be out of business) I would like to know what HE considers the best available.

I am very curious as to who is making the Lazz barrels. They must be very well made if they can fire a large caliber round at 97568934769 feet per second and have a 1,000 shot barrel life etc. I'm being facetious, but you know what I mean.

I am planning on buying a custom rifle in the next couple months and I would like to know who makes the best parts, according to Mr. Lazzeroni.

John is widely considered to be a master gunsmith and I would value his opinion.

If I were to hear a sterling argument that a Lazzeroni is better than the other custom options I have looked into, I will gladly buy a Lazzeroni.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Platinum Member

Let me take a stab at answering most of your questions.

Stocks: McMillan
Barrels: Schneider Polygonals- Same as McMillan
Actions: Defiance (I think)
Trigger: Jewell

I'm shooting from the hip here, but I believe that is what John had stated in the past. Please keep in mind, there has been a wizzing match about this already. John never stated that his line was BETTER than anyone else.

t

Old 10-12-2012, 02:37 PM

Thank you very much Outlaw! I appreciate the info!
Old 10-28-2012, 02:06 AM
Silver Member

dagongshow ,,,,,,

I have used exclusively 416R stainless steel button barrels made by Gary Schnieder, for ALL LAZZERONI rifles, since the first model 2000 built in 1996 ,,,

The trigger is manufactured by the Jewel trigger company in TX ,,,,,,

the LAZZERONI stock designs are molded by the McMillan stock company in Phoenix AZ, and have been since 1996 ,,,,,

the new model 2012 Lazzeroni receivers are CNC machined in Montana, and they are the strongest & most precision receivers that I have ever seen or used to build a rifle on ,,,,,

Muzzle brakes are Vais, bottom metal is made from aircraft grade aluminum etc ,,,,, I could go on and on ,,,,,

Lazzeroni rifles are chambered ONLY in Lazzeroni calibers, which are the fastest factory loaded hunting cartridges in the world, caliber by caliber ,,,,,,

in summary, the LAZZERONI rifle is built from THE BEST components that I can find, period, and it has been that way since 1996 ,,,,,,

ask ANYONE on this forum who actually owns a REAL Lazzeroni rifle, model 2000, model 2005 or new model 2012 ,,,,, ask them about what kind of rifle we build ,,,,,,

as for accuracy ? ,,,, there are plenty of folks on this forum that know a whole hell-uv-va-lot about what it takes to shoot minute of angle or less out to 600 yards and beyond, with ultra-high-velocity hunting bullets, in the field under hunting conditions ,,,,,

it ainít easy and requires the very best components and optics available ,,,,,, AND some REAL PRACTICE by the shooter to do it consistently ,,,,,,

go to our website at www.Lazzeroni.com ,,,,, build your new rifle right there on the site using our build-your-own-rifle app ,,,,, you wonít be disappointed ,,,,,
The thread is closed