Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

The thread is closed

Why not lazzeroni rifles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Why not lazzeroni rifles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 ultra View Post
Hope your better at building rifles then you are at reading. That post your commenting on is 4 years old.

Thanks for the contribution. If a persons questions your credibility or any other aspect of your persona, business etc. Does a person not have the obligation to speak? Matters not how old the comment may be...

John is more than capable of defending himself, but that irked me...

Cost is what it is, I have more than one custom rifle in non-Lazzeroni chambers that right in there with John's prices. I'm willing to pay a "high" price because I want, what is (in my mind) the best I can get. Are they for everyone? Of course not, even those of us who can afford it, some do not see it as investment worthy, that is completely acceptable. We are creatures of our own being & ultimately the decision is the individuals to be made.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Platinum Member

Old 03-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
Thanks for the contribution. If a persons questions your credibility or any other aspect of your persona, business etc. Does a person not have the obligation to speak? Matters not how old the comment may be...

John is more than capable of defending himself, but that irked me...

Cost is what it is, I have more than one custom rifle in non-Lazzeroni chambers that right in there with John's prices. I'm willing to pay a "high" price because I want, what is (in my mind) the best I can get. Are they for everyone? Of course not, even those of us who can afford it, some do not see it as investment worthy, that is completely acceptable. We are creatures of our own being & ultimately the decision is the individuals to be made.
It seemed as it was regurgitated more for marketing then to defend his products. Sorry Outlaw..
Old 03-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 ultra View Post
It seemed as it was regurgitated more for marketing then to defend his products. Sorry Outlaw..

No worries 300, hopefully I did not cause offense.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Gold Member

I don't understand why they cost one third to half again as much as other equal quality rifles. I guess if people are willing to pay it, it's ok but I personally don't see your best being any better than any of the other top notch customs that sell for much less.

When I had my Lapua Improved built I wanted it built with "The Best" components available. BAT HRPIC receiver, MCM A-5 W/thumbwheel adj. w/pillars, Lilja fluted barrel, Jewel top safety trigger, Vais muzzle brake and it was still under $4k
Old 03-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
I don't understand why they cost one third to half again as much as other equal quality rifles. I guess if people are willing to pay it, it's ok but I personally don't see your best being any better than any of the other top notch customs that sell for much less.

When I had my Lapua Improved built I wanted it built with "The Best" components available. BAT HRPIC receiver, MCM A-5 W/thumbwheel adj. w/pillars, Lilja fluted barrel, Jewel top safety trigger, Vais muzzle brake and it was still under $4k

I respect & understand that, components are components, that cost is fairly simliar. Where I've noticed a difference is the hands that put it together & some of the "extra" steps/pieces/parts involved in the built process. For instance, with my current 'smith, I use his proprietary fire control system, (pin, shroud, cocking piece & spring). There's an extra $200, he starts from scratch on the stock with a 3D model of your barreled action & CNC inlets to YOUR profile for a near perfect bedding thickness throughout the inlet & around the pillars. There's an extra $300-$500 (Can't remember exactly), he laps scope rails to the action instead of taking the cheap way out & bedding them, there's some extra. Then you get into extra items like Bolt Knobs, SS hardware, Forend pic rails, Custom Stock finishing (who wants plain colors!), Custom Cerakote, Bolt fluting, Custom engraving & on & on & on & on.

My build is going to be ~5k... I'm good with that. My philosophy is: "If someone else has it, I don't want it". lol Yeah, I dictate a LOT of extra cost into my rifles, because if I don't... I will never be happy with it.

Just a birds eye view from my side of the fence.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Gold Member

If people want to spend $8k for a rifle that should only cost $5k I don't really care. It's their money spend it how you want but just because it cost $3k more than it should, certainly, doesn't make it better. It just makes it more expensive.

I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for but in my opinion, this isn't one of those times and I really hope all the other custom gun builders don't adopt this charge as much as you can get away with mentality.
The thread is closed