Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

The thread is closed

Why not lazzeroni rifles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Why not lazzeroni rifles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazzInc View Post
extreme ,,,,,,,,

appreciate the advice ,,,, I have had to put up with stuff like this for 18 years, so it is not new ,,,,,,,

us guys all have big egos, and they often cause us to run off at the mouth a little, with the exact "bragging rights" figures I was referring to ,,,,,,,

knowledgeable loaders and shooters such as yourself DO know the difference ,,,
Interesting response John. You could have easily satisfied and quieted me with some FACTS. But since you are not willing to provide facts to back up your statements and claims, I'm assuming that there aren't any.

Bragging rights? Who's bragging? The only bragging I see is....

Quote:
the ONLY other piece of brass available in the market place today that will fit into a carryable bolt action hunting rifle, and run with the Lazzeroni, is the 378 WBY brass ,,,,, and the same performance can be achieved with it, "with" the correct chamber/throat design ,,,,,, (stock WBY chambers are NOT correct for this type of loading and shooting)))
And it is simply not true. Are you claiming your brass is better than Lapua? If you are, you will certainly get a lot of debate on that.

It seems to me you are deflecting the focus of my inquiries with a strawman distraction.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 10-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Silver Member

Montana rifleman ,,,,,,

I was ABOUT to say that "I" am never so arrogant to think I have nothing more to learn ,,,,, as I ALWAYS have more to learn ,,,,,

Now that YOU have just plowed right back into this conversation again ,,, com'on ,,,,, 338 LaPua brass has no where near the case capacity of the Lazz Warbird OR 378 WBY ,,,,,,

second ,,,,, getting 3,170fps out of a 230gr .308 diameter bullet at 66,000 max PSI pressure, would take the WARBIRD case, a real slow powder and about a 33"+ barrel length ,,,,,,,

good ballisticians other than myself can back this up with previous test data ,,,,,,,

in summary, I DO respect your passion toward this long range shooting game, it is what makes ALL of us better ,,,,,,,

BUT if achieving true Lazzeroni Warbird performance out of something less, is your ultimate goal, why not just have a bolt rifle chambered up in the Lazz Warbird caliber and be done with it ,,,,,, many rifle builders could do this for you,,,,,
Old 10-13-2013, 05:33 PM

What with all of the ",,,,,"? If you're posting in a public forum as a representative of your company, why not take the time to use proper grammar?
Old 10-13-2013, 11:11 PM
Silver Member

Little Lebowski, the first post troll.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:20 PM
Silver Member

Hey Little, "What with"?
Old 10-14-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGSHOOTER View Post
Hey Little, "What with"?
Got me there

I've lurked for a long time here and don't post as I'm too busy reading. Not trolling. I'm a Wyoming native on the East Coast for work and don't get to shoot long range really except when I'm back at the family ranch.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazzInc View Post
Montana rifleman ,,,,,,

I was ABOUT to say that "I" am never so arrogant to think I have nothing more to learn ,,,,, as I ALWAYS have more to learn ,,,,,

Now that YOU have just plowed right back into this conversation again ,,, com'on ,,,,, 338 LaPua brass has no where near the case capacity of the Lazz Warbird OR 378 WBY ,,,,,,
OK, let's get down to the facts. The 338 Lapua does indeed have "near" the capacity of the Warbird. If we go AmmoGuide it lists the 30/378 with 120.6 gr of H2O capacity, the Warbird @ 117.2 gr and the 338 LM with 111.8 gr.

However, I said the 30/338 LM Imp. The version listed in Ammoguide has 114.3 gr of capacity with a .405 neck. The Warbird has a .314 neck. my version of the 30/338 LM imp would have about a .320 neck making basically identical in capacity and just a little shorter than the Warbird. So indeed, there is quality brass available for a carryable rifle in the same category as the Warbird.

Quote:
second ,,,,, getting 3,170fps out of a 230gr .308 diameter bullet at 66,000 max PSI pressure, would take the WARBIRD case, a real slow powder and about a 33"+ barrel length ,,,,,,,

good ballisticians other than myself can back this up with previous test data ,,,,,,,
Not sure what your getting at here John? Are you saying MMRESS is not getting that velocity or he is way over pressure? I personally know MMRESS and have shot with him a couple of times at the 1000 yd range in Townsend MT. He is both a proficient handloader and marksman. He uses an Oehler 35 to determine his velocities, unless he's gotten a Magnetospeed since the last time I saw him this summer. If you look into that thread a little closer, he actually got well over 3200 fps before seeing any pressure signs. He backed off a couple of gr from that.

It seems you might think I'm saying the RUM is equal to or "better" than the Warbird? I am not. I was merely giving an example of how well a heavy bullet performed in both velocity and accuracy out of a 300 RUM. I would think that the Warbird with about 9% more capacity than the RUM would perform that much better. If I was you, I would take a close look @ RL33 since it appears to me that you are a person who likes to see velocity performance. I think it would do very well in the many of the Lazzoroni chamberings. There are many consistent reports of handloaders getting 100-200 fps more velocity with 33 over other powders in chamberings from the 6-284 up to and including the 338 LM Imp.

Basically, you have just admitted that the 300 RUM using RL33 out performs the Warbird. The thing about 33 is, it's a very slow and dense powder and likes heavy bullets for cal. You don't seem to like the heavier bullets which is a mystery to me.

I'll put a 300 RUM shooting 230 Hybrids (which are the most efficient 308 bullets available) over RL33 against any Warbird shooting 180 gr bullets. In this case, it's not the rifle or chamber, it's the powder and bullet that make it superior in external ballistic performance. Times change and with it so does technology. If you don't keep up with it, you get left behind. That's not necessarily bad... it's just the way it is.

Quote:
in summary, I DO respect your passion toward this long range shooting game, it is what makes ALL of us better ,,,,,,,

BUT if achieving true Lazzeroni Warbird performance out of something less, is your ultimate goal, why not just have a bolt rifle chambered up in the Lazz Warbird caliber and be done with it ,,,,,, many rifle builders could do this for you,,,,
John, I greatly respect your innovation with the Lazzoroni Chamberings. The Warbird was basically a Lapua ahead of its time and a fine chambering. I just like the Lapua Imp a little better and one of its biggest appeals to me is it's superior quality brass and I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Superior quality brass for handloaders who push large magnums to their limits is a big, big plus.

Regards

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
The thread is closed