Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Who makes a heavyweight .277" High-BC Match-Style bullet?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Bronze Member

I've been trying to find SOMETHING to make use of the new .270-300 Winchester magnum with a 28" tube, is there any place I can buy ~170 grain match bullets?
Old 01-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Silver Member

Wildcat Bullets...
Old 01-17-2008, 12:40 AM
Chawlston

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam32 View Post
Wildcat Bullets...
FWIW, they do not return emails or deliver on their promises of shipping unless you are in some inner circle. I am still waiting on bullets promised in May. They may make the slickest bullets, but they have some issues in delivering product. Until they resolve those issues and can deliver in say three months from when an order is placed, I will stick with the ones that can be had in a reasonable amount of time.

Chawlston
Old 01-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Platinum Member

I notice that Berger hasn't yet listed their offerings in .277 as of yet.:mad:

With WC bullets it seems that when a run is produced you want to by several hundred of 'em.

I think that what may be needed is a U.S. distributor that's willing to stock bunches. However, that would probably bump the prices up some but it would still be worth it.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Bronze Member

edited

Last edited by Stevewix; 01-17-2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: irrelevant
Old 01-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Chawlston,

Have you bothered to call Wildcat Bullets to find out why the bullet orders are late????

You can only make bullets if you have jackets. Please do some research before you make comments like "Unless your in some inner cirlce".

I am about as close to Richard as you can get and I am waiting also. The only difference is that when I get bullets from Richard, I usually get them in by the 1000 count lot.

I understand many do not want to do this to just test a bullet but please realize that its not easy for a one man opperation to pump out 100,000 bullets in each caliber, of each bullet weight offered over night like the larger bullet makers.

I you called Richard up you would more then likely get a much different response. He even makes me wait for e-mails at times so when I need to contact him I call him directly which is what you should do.

Again, the issue has been jackets, please look into things more before you make comments that can damage a business. Everyone I have talked to that has delt with Richard for the most part has had nothing but the best to say about him and his bullets.

I have had bullets on order from Nosler and Berger for much longer then 3 months.

Sorry for the rant and no offense intended but there are circumstances that are the reason you are not seeing any bullets. Pick up the phone and call before you make comments like this please.

One more thing, were you charged for these bullets when they were ordered? If I know Richard I would bet not unless they were a custom bullet he had to order new dies for. What bullet maker will send bullets that have not been paid for? Only one that I know of, Wildcat bullets....

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 01-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Bronze Member

I haven't found a phone number yet for Wildcat, can anyone post it? I'd like to place an order.